News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does anyone ever post here anymore?

Started by Dallan, September 04, 2012, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

I was talking about this forum over the weekend with a couple people. Has Facebook seriously wounded the RF?
Fight'n

Merlin the Elder

It seems to have had some effect. I still come here daily to see what's happening. R/F is more focused to the faire, but I may not be posting quite as often as I once was.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

arbcoind

Dallan, yes!  And it's not just this forum.

Gina

SethB

It seems like Texans are still here in force, but not much anywhere else.

Dallan

Quote from: arbcoind on September 05, 2012, 08:54:58 AM
Dallan, yes!  And it's not just this forum.

Gina

I logged onto another forum that I used to participate in that isn't as old as this one and noticed that too.
Fight'n

Serenity

Yes, I must admit that I don't frequent the forums as I used to, and that's mainly due to all of my rennie friends being on FB.
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Amras Elfwine

My work schedule, as well as my computer problems, have limited my participation of late. Computer problems are solved, so I hope to improve.
FB has become a cold and somewhat isolating experience of late, so I don't go there too much anymore.
Cheers, and let us be merry here again!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Merlin the Elder

Admittedly, I am spending a bit of time on Facebook, and have enjoyed it for the most part, but the restrictions here on political statements make this a more friendly place to be. I just have to be a lot more careful what I say here so that I don't bruise someone's tender eyes.

Amras, will we see you again at RenDezvous?

SethB

I have my Facebook friends all neatly organized so that I can ignore most of the political stuff. Usually I am just looking at my faire friends posts.

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Dallan

Admittedly I spend time on Facebook almost daily. It serves it purpose for me well but I miss the RF in its days of glory. I agree that its nice not to have to filter through the political comments as on Facebook. But more importantly I like having something that is totally Rennie focused. This forum helped me start several friendships. I am trying to remember to visit and post more frequently.
Fight'n

Steev

OOO. When I replied here It gave me a message that no replies had been here for 90+ days.  Guess I need to go to facebook.  I had noticed that posts were falling off about a year ago.  Shame, I liked having our own space.
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

DonaCatalina

I like Facebook less than I used to because of the political ****. I like to come here to discuss faire related things.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I've tried to keep that political spew off of my feed on Facebook. 90% of the people I have as friends on FB are fellow Rennies. Those who do a lot of the ranting there get curtailed. Right now, I have a rather comfortable feed with just an occasional arsehat posting.

I like the better focus here, too, DC.

Steev

I prefer this site to FB (when there are people actually posting...) because not only can I get info specific to my home faire but can easily tag other people, faires, or get topical feedback from the whole ren community.
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.