News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Input for a new faire in Central Arkansas

Started by Lady Margarita, September 05, 2012, 05:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Margarita

Good Morrow All,

I am looking into possibly starting up a faire in the Central Arkansas area (Little Rock, North Little Rock, Jacksonville, Cabot, Pine Bluff  etc.)

I have contacted the Mayor of Jacksonville about possibly having it there and he is most interested in the idea. 

So, I was wondering if there was anyone in the Central Arkansas area on this forum that would like to work on this with me.  I need a good group of hard working people to do this.  Although I have a crew in Fayetteville, it would be better for local people to work on the Central Arkansas faire. 

So if you might be interested, please contact me at 3cronesandapirate@gmail.com  or message me.

Merlin the Elder

I am interested, but probably not blessed with the free time needed to heavily engage in this at the moment. We are about to break ground on a new home, and work likes to tie me up...nothing kinky, unfortunately.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Margarita

Merlin, I shall keep you in mind.  It won't be any time real soon.  I want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row. I'm looking down the road for about another year or two (2014).   The first step was to approach Mayor Fletcher just to see if he was even interested in having a festival like this in Jackosnville.  I didn't want to proceed any further if I didn't have the city behind us.  That is one thing I have learned in the process of putting a faire together in Fayetteville.  You need to have a good support foundation first.  I have seen other faires that didn't have the support of the community fall on their face.  I want to approach this the right way from the beginning.  So I am taking it slowly to build a good foundation.

Good luck on your new home!  That is always an exciting thing. 

Craigmeister

I can vouch for Lady Margarita.  This is a great way to start planning a Renfaire.  She and her partners have done a great job to re-invigorate the Renfaire in Fayetteville.  They have some approaches that I have never heard of before.  Apparently, they are working because the faire has great entertainment, vendors and crew.  Their crowds are growing each year.

She has been in the faire circuit for many years and has seen what works and what does not.  If she started a Renfaire near Tulsa, I would volunteer in a heartbeat to be on the board.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Margarita

Thanks for the kind words.  However, I can not take all the credit.  I have had some great people working with me to put the fair on.  I have also had some great ren fair friends  such as Steel Serenity, Troubador Douglys, and Minstrel Sojourn who were willing to perform at such reduced rates the firs year.  And they continue to be very supportive.

And of course, Graigmeister, you have been such a great supporter of the faire with all the kind words and advertising on your website. 

The bottom line is that I have a great crew of people who have the same goal in mind....a family oriented and successful fair!