News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chivalry lives!

Started by troubadude, June 27, 2008, 09:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troubadude

Has anyone seen this clip? 

Apparently, Tim McGraw was performing in Auburn, Washington when a man "asaulted" a woman in the audience.  McGraw reached down, pulled the man on stage by his belt and turned him over to security.  As security took the man away, McGraw went back to singing "I Ain't Looking For Trouble . . . " [from Indian Nation]. 

also:

Tom
Troubadude

if music be the food of love, play on!

escherblacksmith

neat . . . not a big country fan, but I do like a little justice once in awhile.
--

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Anna Iram

*sigh* Gotta love those cowboys.

renren

LOL! That's one couple you don't mess with, remember Faith Hill and the "Don't touch my man's junk?"
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

aidenoffairfax

I thought it was great. The fact that he didn't wait around for security was the best part. Proves he is as much a gentleman as he is an artist.
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

lordwriothsley

I saw that clip and must say that that is the first time I have ever seen a country star yank a fan onto the stage and threaten him with a closed fist.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Delaine Kitts

awesome stuff!!  anyone who knows tim mcgraws rep for being a family man, husband and father KNOWS he won't put up with mistreating a lady, or anyone.  he's the best!!!
Lady Delaine Kitts
Neal and Bob Nobles Gone Wild
Slip'n M'Crack
Proprietor of the Slipidon Inn

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I saw that clip, I loved the fact that he was gonna punch dude right there on the stage in front of everyone.HE'S THE MAN! It's terrible that you can't even go to a concert without someone showing their weed puller.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

lowlandscot

Great clip! I'm not a big country fan either, but we saw Tim McGraw at Camp Jeep last summer, and it was a very enjoyable open-air show. He did not have to put out anyone's lights that time --  Jeep husbands tend to be very polite and gentlemanly, perhaps because their wives know where the lug wrench is. The chivalry stops at the trail head, though -- when your woman's got the wheel of the Wrangler on a grade E boulder and gulley trail, you strap in, sit back, and SHUT UP.

Lady de la Warr

Yes I saw that clip and I think it's awesome.

And if you look closely - Mr. McGraw didn't raise his hand to the "gentleman" (term used very loosely there) until said "gentleman" (again loosely) lunged at him.

I absolutely think that Mr. McGraw most definitely WOULD have put his lights out had he gotten through the security personnel who was holding him back - but I think his purpose of pulling him up on stage was to a. get him away from the lady he was abusing and b. to turn him over to security. I really don't thing Mr. McGraw is stupid enough to assult a person on stage in front of all those witnesses (asking to be charged with assult and sued) - however had the man gotten through the dudes holding him back Mr. McGraw would have been well within his rights to defend himself - VERY forcefully (i.e. putting out lights)  ;)

lordwriothsley

My good Queen Anne,
I agree with you whole heartedly on that.I don't think that Time Mcgraw is that kind of person either.It's just that I have seen a country star dim bulb his fist back at a fan before like that.It just really surprised when I saw that in the clip.I personally I think that the guy was a jerk to even consider abusing a women like that.Drunk or not drunk you do not put your hands on a women like that I don't care who you are.My dear Queen I am sorry if i sound a little harsh but I have strong feelings about that so please don't be offended by what i said.Lastly i did not know that you were a country music fan.I think that is great. :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"