News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Return of the Renaissance Bubble Machine

Started by BubbleWright, September 30, 2012, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

This season at the PaRenFaire has been rather lackadaisical for me. Yes, the shows and plot line have been entertaining but something was missing. I realized I was just attending Faire, not participating. So I borrowed the Renaissance Bubble Machine back from the NJRenFaire, making sure to pace myself and limit my travels around the Shire. Needless to say, it was great fun. Veteran Faire-goers welcomed the RBM back and new comers were entranced. The bubble magic was there... one toddler was in full cranky fuss when he walked by with his parents. I called out to him "LOOK... BUBBLES!". Almost immediately his tears went to giggles (much to the relief of the parents). Of course, children love to pop the bubbles. Late in the day I was resting at the fountain in the plaza behind the Globe Theater. Don Juan and Miguel just happened to be passing by and the RBM caught Don Juan's attention. Having never seen it before, he inquired about it. I replied it was a bubble machine and would demonstrate. As the bubbles started flying, a gleam came over Don Juan's face and he unwound his whip. As fast as I could make the bubbles, his whip was cracking, breaking them. For about 2 minutes the performance continued with a machine gun staccato of sound and fury. Children of all ages love to pop bubbles but none have done it with the style, flash, and panache of Don Juan. And the crowd went wild! This has to be the highlight of my 30 years of bubble making.

I can't wait until next week...............  ;D ;D ;D

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lady Renee Buchanan

I am happy that the bubble machine has returned!  Although we've never seen you at the faires, I know from reading here how much not only the faire visitors enjoy it, but how much you enjoy entertaining others.  Please take care of yourself first, and then have fun making bubbles again.  Whether it's once a season, or every weekend, enjoy!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

The Rabbi

Having experianced the pleasure of creating bubbles with your fantastic bubble machine and seeing the deight that it brings to children of all ages THANK YOU. While Magic may be no more I will continue to share bubbles whenever possable. I hope you are twice as blessed as the joy you have brought to so many myself included. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Lady Nicolette

You and your machine were one of the highlights for me visiting MDRF a few years ago.  I can see that it would be so for countless others at PARF.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Poldugarian Warrior

Awesome story about Don Juan, saw them years ago here at MiRF wish they'd have them back they are a riot. The whip show would've been awesome. And i think we all like bubbles especially a cloud of them. Just walking through them there's a sense of surrealness to the experience.

Merlin the Elder

Don Juan and Miguel are regulars at Scarby, and it's almost always an SRO show...a beloved pair, for sure.

BubbleWright, as Lady Renee said, take care. Being 1060 years old, I'm well aware what effect age can have on someone. You may only be 39...again...but you still must take care...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Bob of the Lake

BubbleWright, what a fantastic story--I wish I had been there! At least I will have the chance to see you and the RBM next week when I visit. I'll look for you!  :)
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

GoodyTombShoes

He's a bub bub bub-ble machine and he makes the shiniest bubbles that you've ever seen. And we can all be on his big bubble team. If you'll only bubble round with me.  :D
Ale's a strong wrestler, flings all it has met. And makes the ground slip, even when it's not wet
IWG #3733

temper

So happy to hear that you were a'wandering!
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

BubbleWright

This past Saturday was the last visit of the RBM. It will be returned to the NJRenFaire this week. By pacing myself and taking rest as needed, I was able to bring smiles and giggles while easing the stress and strain of being on my feet all day. It was a good run...

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

It was good to see you Saturday, BubbleWright. I was hoping to run into you again later in the day but our paths didn't cross. Perhaps I'll see you next year at NJRF.  All the best!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Rowan MacD

You are too far away to visit,and man, I wish we had a bubble machine like that here.
Are there plans out there for making one? Would you allow it?   
I would love to have something like this out here in the Midwest.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

BubbleWright

M'Lady... yes, there are plans and I do encourage others to make such contraptions. I took the liberty to send a detailed reply to the email address in your profile. Hopefully by this time next year you will be an experienced Renaissance Bubble Machine operator. Master Leonardo would be pleased........ 
                                                                                                                                       Felix the Bubble Wright

Antoine de St. Exupery