News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Magazine

Started by SirBlackFox, June 27, 2008, 10:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Okay ... my subscription is in ...

As for Lady Guinness and I, we are here to serve ... if you have a pub section I think I might be able to help you out ... as for all the other faire stuff - talk to Lady Guinness  ;D

BTW ... where is my pin?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Peddlin

Just subscribed and can't wait for the first issue.  ;D
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

DeadBishop

Photographer....hmm, where would I find one of those?   ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

SirBlackFox

OK you folks with both writing and photography skills. . . . I need two Renaissance Faire/Festival reviews for the first issue.  I'd like to highlight one large faire and one smaller.  If you already have the images and writing finished as the faire in question just finished or will prior to the first of August. . . then please let me know immediately.

As for the rest of the magazine, we've gotten a handle on articles that will be ongoing in every issue and the features for the first issue.  The "this issue" page has been updated and more information on each article can be found in the "article index" section.

Let me know what you think at first glance!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

If it helps, there is a huge group of us invading GLMF this weekend ... I am sure we can put some stuff together for you should you need it. Just let me know. I will also have my camera with me - as will the other 56 R/F.com folks.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Scotsman on July 03, 2008, 12:04:04 PM
If it helps, there is a huge group of us invading GLMF this weekend ... I am sure we can put some stuff together for you should you need it. Just let me know. I will also have my camera with me - as will the other 56 R/F.com folks.

PERFECT!  Greg, I'll email you with the particulars of what I'm looking for.. . .

Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

CoRF is going on right now. I'll be there with my good camera closing weekend and have been there twice already. I'd be interested
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lady Neysa

I only have one question for ya Black Fox.  With this new venture in addition to TPW, when on earth are you going to be able to make time for faire fun?  We'd better still see lots of you!  Then again, if you're doing something you love, then I guess it isn't so much like work.

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 03, 2008, 01:45:43 PM
CoRF is going on right now. I'll be there with my good camera closing weekend and have been there twice already. I'd be interested

Excellent Well!  Keep checking the website for more information on the "contribute" page.  It'll contain the laundry list of what information we want to share from the faire (oh cool, a rhyme). . .and photo ideas.

Thank you SO much!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Lady Neysa on July 03, 2008, 05:21:59 PM
I only have one question for ya Black Fox.  With this new venture in addition to TPW, when on earth are you going to be able to make time for faire fun?  We'd better still see lots of you!  Then again, if you're doing something you love, then I guess it isn't so much like work.

Unlike TPW, where I run around taking the photographs and writing about 80% of the magazine. . .  with FM I hope to just kinda' manage and layout the rag. . depending on the talents of rennies who'd just like to see their work in print and their faire on the front page!

I'll always make time for faire. . .and now it's a write-off!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

SirBlackFox

It's going to take a bit of cash up front to get this whole thing in the works, so all of ye traders and sellers of renaissance wares. . . buy an ad or 3!!

Seriously, anyone who knows of a crafter who would benefit from a full color ad, please send them my way.  The sooner we get the advertisers in place the sooner the magazine gets out there.  If we can get the advertisers in place by the end of July, we can edit the magazine and get it to press by mid-August which means a September delivery on the magazines instead of October!

I'll sweeten the deal even further.  Get someone to advertise with Faire Magazine and make sure they mention you by your R/F moniker and when the advertiser pays the bill. . .I'll give you 10% via Paypal!

You're all working for me now! LOL. . .  let's make this magazine the hottest thing in the Renaissance community! . . .after all it is all about YOU!

Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Count me in -I used paypal, this is so exciting. Can't wait for the first copy. :D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

SirBlackFox

The CONTRIBUTE page is up with all the information of what we're looking for, especially in faire/festival reviews, in both text and photo formats.  The magazine is wide open for this material at present. . .so get it in to me as soon as possible!

oh, and keep nagging potential advertisers!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

renfairephotog

Great . I've read the contribute page. Now I need to find  a faire.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: SirBlackFox on July 03, 2008, 11:50:51 AM
OK you folks with both writing and photography skills. . . . I need two Renaissance Faire/Festival reviews for the first issue.  I'd like to highlight one large faire and one smaller.  If you already have the images and writing finished as the faire in question just finished or will prior to the first of August. . . then please let me know immediately.

As for the rest of the magazine, we've gotten a handle on articles that will be ongoing in every issue and the features for the first issue.  The "this issue" page has been updated and more information on each article can be found in the "article index" section.

Let me know what you think at first glance!

Sir:

I have forwarded your post to the director of the Gulf Coast Renn faire.  This faire is held twice a year.  In the spring in Pensacola and in the fall in Mobile.  He will have whatever photos you would need.  He can be reached at Gcrenfaire@aol.com
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel