News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wheelchairs?

Started by Tripletap, February 21, 2013, 03:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripletap

Hello,
I am looking to take my Mom to Sherwood March 23rd, does anyone know if they rent electric wheelchairs, or mobility scooters there?
Her chair is too big and heavy for my car, and she never gets out, I thought this could be a huge amount of fun for her.
Thank you in advance for the input yall, and hopefully I will see you there!!!!

The Bruce of Springstein

Ive not seen any for rent. Also, the paths are topped with a rough mulch this year. After assisting at a couple of the gatherings the last couple of months and helping to spread the 'mulch', I would definately not try pushing a chair along it. Of course it may be more packed down after opening weekend....
Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
Drink from the Horn!! Horn High Council Ballbarian Lord
Shame Thyself!
Made to Slay
Member of 'The Wrong One'

rengypsy

we have found no vendor yet interested in offering rental motorized wheelchairs.  the property is on a slight incline.  the land is quite sandy.  we tried resolving the sand issue with a coarse mulch, but it is only slightly better.  we continue to improve tho...
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

scarletnyx

Quote from: rengypsy on February 22, 2013, 08:40:28 AM
we have found no vendor yet interested in offering rental motorized wheelchairs.  the property is on a slight incline.  the land is quite sandy.  we tried resolving the sand issue with a coarse mulch, but it is only slightly better.  we continue to improve tho...

If only small, friendly dragons were around to rent out to those in need. Silver, gold, and bronze dragon mounts :D
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

rengypsy

we realize sherwood is difficult for folk in wheelchairs.  the sand was unmanageable at times.  now the mulch comes with its challenges. a forest with inclines is not the most conducive terrain for wheelchairs.  still working on the grounds each and every week.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

RenStarr

http://www.planetmobility.com/store/wheelchairs/power/allterain/index.html

Doing a quick google search, I came across some chairs that would conquer the grounds of Sherwood.  Working out the $$ side of having them on site would be another obstacle to overcome.

This might be a business opportunity for someone out there.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

mpullen

Quote from: RenStarr on February 25, 2013, 11:21:35 AM
http://www.planetmobility.com/store/wheelchairs/power/allterain/index.html

Doing a quick google search, I came across some chairs that would conquer the grounds of Sherwood.  Working out the $$ side of having them on site would be another obstacle to overcome.

This might be a business opportunity for someone out there.

Almost $9000 per.

Like it's ability to climb stairs.