News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Travel trailers - Camping

Started by Bonny Pearl, November 27, 2012, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

Several of McLotofus plan to be out opening weekend with our travel trailers in tow and will have tents as well. A few questions:

1.  How is the general camping for trailers set up now?  Last time we were out we camped in the front parking area due to no access to campgrounds back then for that kind of weight.

2.  How do we access the area?

3.  Can we hold spots for people in our group or are there roping off restrictions like at TRF?

Thanks!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

mpullen

<moving soapbox into position and standing on it>

I'll try and be brief <yeh, right>!

The General/Open campgrounds is first-come, first-served. Meaning those who get in line first, get to pick the best spots. Remember though that many of those lining up early are in groups having a reserved clan area, so they don't affect the General/Open campgrounds . Also, I hope to have the new reserved clan camping area cleared in time for the 2013 season. That will result in the eight groups on the waiting list being able to setup in their own areas. That will reduce the General/Open campgrounds attendance by 200-300 people.

Also, the General/Open campgrounds has been expanded, where the previous area is now for the "noisier" folks and families/quiet campers can be farther away from the noise.

I'll be posting some new maps once I do a GPS survey during the Dec. 7th Gathering.

If you have travel trailers/RV's, you can easily get them into the central area of the "noisy" General/Open campgrounds. Remember though that other folks will be trying to do the same, so get there early.

I open the campgrounds gate around 2-4 PM, depending on when the security booth attendant gets there and is ready. I may open the gate earlier if the waiting line gets too long, but folks will still have to wait until the security/ticket booth is ready. Holders of Friends of Faire passes may be allowed to go ahead and enter, as no money is required for camping or Faire tickets. I just need to give them a wristband.

<stepping off soapbox and exiting stage right>

Bonny Pearl

Thanks for the info Mike.  I meant to ask you while we were at TRF but ....oooohhh shiney!  :D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Merlin the Elder

Have MacKee buy him a brew, Bonny.... (**facepalm**) What am I saying?!?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88