News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rendezvous 2013 - looking for new faires!

Started by DeadBishop, January 11, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

2013?  How about Kansas City?  Labor Day weekend?  I think we can put a little something together!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The only thing to consider for Labor Day is MNRF and Bristol are still going on, but I am good with any weekend at KCRF.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 19, 2013, 11:34:48 AM
The only thing to consider for Labor Day is MNRF and Bristol are still going on, but I am good with any weekend at KCRF.

Probably won't make it if my own faire is running...afterwards would be a whole different ball game!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

It would seem that Labor Day weekend would be rather hot!  But then, I'm not from around there...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Renee Buchanan

Labor Day Weekend is Bristol's closing weekend, and it's traditional that even if you don't get there other weekends, everyone who calls it their home faire tries to go over Labor Day.

So there won't be a Galena contingent if it's over Labor Day.  I, too, would prefer it later, if it's very hot in Sept.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Butch

I'm game Columbus Day weekend as well!  Of course, KC hasn't been selected yet, but if it is, I would think a 3-day weekend would be best.  So, Columbus Day, or Labor Day would be best IMO.  It sounds like Columbus Day would free-up more of our board members, so I will throw that out for discussion!

How about Columbus Day weekend?  That would be 12, 13, and 14 Oct 2013.  Thoughts?

Merlin the Elder

Jeez, Butch! Now you're asking me to think?!? :P

It would make a difference for me, since it wouldn't be the first of the semester. Other considerations later this year...possibly...but, Merlin & Nim give it two thumbs up.  Which weekend is the nearby race?

Butch

Merlin, the NASCAR Race Weekend is 5 and 6 Oct 2013.  So, the weekend BEFORE Columbus Day!  Good thinking!  Way to throw additional considerations out!

Merlin the Elder

I knew it was close from when I was looking at KCRF another year, considering a visit.  I have heard great reports about your festival from my knight brothers at Castleton.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

KC is a great faire and has a fantastic cast. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

KC gets my vote for Rendezvous this year!  The site is our all-time favorite, and the cast is probably the most professional and well-rehearsed we have encountered. 

Either Columbus Day or the weekend prior would be preferable; Labor Day tends to be really HOT!

Just call me "Your Grace"

DeadBishop

Apologies for not staying on top of this, my health is in decline and being in and out of clinics, hospitals, and out patient centers the past month, time had slipped away faster than I had realized. 

I believe we have a faire chosen, just waiting to hear back from the lucky few who will be heading up the organizing so we can make the announcement.  :)

R/F.com member since 2003

Merlin the Elder

Dang, DB... We don't expect you to live up to your name!  Hoping things improve, lad.