News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A place to light your candle

Started by LadyOren, May 09, 2008, 05:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyOren

Since were here I thought it would be nice to have a place for member to come and just light a candle, say a prayer and not have to start a complete topic.  All are welcome, no matter your beliefs.  Peace to you all during this transition period of the new forum.

Walks to the alter, bows respectfully, opens the basket and places a bowl of sandalwood wax chips, filling the air with the scent of the woods.  Lights a candle for all in need of healing, guidance, strength, love, peace.   Prays for a moment as the candles flicker, rises and leaves, hoping others will soon follow.   Peace and blessings to you all.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Lady Ann of Draycott

Lights a candle for all the people who died and are suffering after the cyclone in Myanmar.  May they get the help they need. 
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Lady Ann of Draycott

Lighting a candle for all the people who have died and for those who were injured and left homeless after the earthquake in China.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

violetrose

*walks in and sits by the alter* I just need some quiet time. I am really frustrated with work and some points in life in general and I just need some time to myself to regroup and de-stress.
~Coffee Wench~
TheCastleGrounds.com
God Save the Bean!

daylight

walks in and bows down and paryes silently for all you are in neeed. Looking up, feeling encourged because I know I have sought the one who can truly make a differance for us all. I know that God hears us when we pray, therefore I`am confident that our prayes are heard and therefore what we need is on it`s way. Leaves smiling with assurance in my heart.

Lady_Lily

*walks in and lights a purple candle and takes her place in a corner as she gazes at the flame of her candle and thinks*

Such a place of peace...it is always wonderful to be amongst that.

LadyOren

Walks in quietly, replaces the burned down candles with new ones. Lightly dusts off the alter and replaces the sandlewood chips with a bowl of Forest Potpourri, filling the room with the the clean scent of after a summer rain in the woods.  Opens a leather pouch and places an oak leaf shaped candle, lighting it and praying for it to send strength to all the victims of the recent natural disasters, here and abroad.  May the strength of the might oak tree give them shelter and a solid base to lean upon.  Gathers up the pouch and items, bows respectfully and slips out into the mist of the early morning that blankets the woods.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

cfduke

Lights a candle for my father who passed away this morning.  :'(

DonaCatalina

candles for all the world's ills.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Dracconia

*walks in and lights a candle..sits and says softly*

I miss you Dad...
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

LadyOren

Steps into the silence, bows repectfully and lights a candle of thanks.  Thanks for a safe return home, a successful working trip, and for the new friends made along the way.  Takes up a seat in the shadows to meditate in the positive energy of the area.

LadyStitch

:: walks in and lights a candle::

Thank you for keeping my husbands flamingo in one piece.  That his injuries were not as bad as they could have been.  We can live with a few broken ribs, and wrist.  Blessings on the EMTs that took care of him.  This was one bike wreck that the guy survived.

:: lights another candle::
This is for the family of the the other biker that the EMT's picked up that same day. He chose the telephone pole,while duff chose the mesquite tree.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

LadyOren

Lights a new candle for all those posting in need here on the forum.  Says a prayer of thanks for a safe return home to my family and ren friends.

Lady Nicolette

We had a place like this in the old forums, I think Tremayne had started it. 

*Steps forward and lights a candle of pale green, for new beginnings*
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Lady Eriu

(Kneels at alter, lights a candle, bows in prayer) Receive into Your Presence, O Lord, the soul of Joe Kudla, aka Thomas Snot, of Puke N' Snot fame, who passed from this life today in MN. May he entertain angels...