News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Siouxland Renaissance Festival 2013

Started by Rowan MacD, January 23, 2013, 08:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Jon Hanslow

I'll be out working again this year I believe. New bits to play around with in the street! YAY!
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Rowan MacD

This little faire is the closest to my ideal, of any I attend each year.   The SRA does such a splendid job of putting on a 'traditional' Renaissance faire.   
  Last year we had Alice the Cook, and I hope to see her again.  ;D  I admit, I bought all her books!

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

We are happy to announce that David and I will be adding Sioux land to our regular Scottish Games representation in 2013!
   We will host 2 Clan membership tents for Clans Davidson and Cochrane this year over at the Heavy athletic Games area.   
   While you wait for the next caber toss, you are welcome to research your Clan using our resource books and maps.  We also have national membership forms available, and you may join on the spot if you are so moved,  or take a form with you and mail it later.   
   Heck, just drop by and say hi!

We have to be there both days.  Hubby prefers his Kilt/T-shirt/Tam/sporran combo, but I plan to be in garb

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

We are packed and ready to go.  I have to work till 5pm then hit the road for the 3 hour drive.
See you tomorrow! Drop by the tent and say HI. 
   No charge to research your info, or just hang with the people wearing your tartan for a few.
   I will be in garb (non noble).
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

Rowen MacD I will be there tomorrow and will stop by and say Hi for sure.

Rowan MacD

Sunday weather made up for Saturday for sure!  Gorgeous.  Crowds were great and vendors had to be happy!  I was stuck at the Clan tent most of the time, but I did get to walk about now and them...I hear I missed some really good skits by the Royal Court!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

I just remembered-Cirque du Sewer (World's only rat circus...probably) was there- I only caught part of the act- but it was very  good! It was the first time I've seen it.
IWG wench #3139