News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Village Wise Woman

Started by Wickedvox, March 23, 2013, 07:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickedvox

Thanks ladies! I like the bowl idea a lot! She's starting to come together in my head. My mentor agrees she should be very proud and respected and everyone in the village (cast) completely believes her. She also mentioned the idea of a "spirit guide" type thing. I'm thinking a rock that I believe holds the spirit of my dead husband and he gives me info from "the other side." It makes me giggle. I'm also thinking pouches with "bones" for casting, balms, herbs etc (but not throw anything or put anything on anyone).

Jade--that's pretty funny stuff right there. I was thinking the same thing--go to shows where people are waiting and "predict" their immediate future according to the show. Great minds!
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

CenturiesSewing

Wicked, the term you are looking for is cunning folk.

Wiki has a pretty good page on it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunning_folk_in_Britain very interesting read.

Wickedvox

So informative Miss Centuries! Thank you!

Aderin

so excited for you Wickedvox!!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Wickedvox

Thank you! I'm a little nervous. But I've met some really supportive people.

CalliopeCC

Giving really general or obtuse predictions can work too.

You will meet a tall man....

I see you wearing shoes...

You will soon enter a tiny blue room...  be sure to lock the door behind you. 

But I'm sure your Mentor and others will give you more good advice so that you may go forth goodly and 'dare to suck.'    ;D  Best of luck! I know you'll be a hit!

Wickedvox

Grammercy Calliope! I can't wait for you to see me suck...!!!!....that's not what I mean....you know what I mean....

Aderin

Quote from: Wickedvox on June 17, 2013, 03:54:58 PM
Thanks ladies! I like the bowl idea a lot! She's starting to come together in my head. My mentor agrees she should be very proud and respected and everyone in the village (cast) completely believes her. She also mentioned the idea of a "spirit guide" type thing. I'm thinking a rock that I believe holds the spirit of my dead husband and he gives me info from "the other side." It makes me giggle. I'm also thinking pouches with "bones" for casting, balms, herbs etc (but not throw anything or put anything on anyone).

Jade--that's pretty funny stuff right there. I was thinking the same thing--go to shows where people are waiting and "predict" their immediate future according to the show. Great minds!

haha, I'd love to see your rock talk!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Wickedvox

That's so funny Aderin because I was just thinking maybe I could learn some ventriloquism, and have the rock only say, "Oui." Cause he's french. It's funny.