News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dragon Wagons

Started by FoxFire, March 31, 2013, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxFire

Greetings and Well Met! I have had the fortune to attend Scarby in the past, however the last several years, my family has been limited to only the Muskogee faire. Finally this year we will be able to return to Scarby, this time with a new addition, my 16 month old son. Last year we took him to Muskogee and not only was he garbed (in a smock and later a kilt we purchased on site), but I garbed his stroller as well in the guise of a dragon. My question for you is, have you rented one of the dragon wagons at Scarby in the past? Would it be worth it for me to rent one and not worry about hauling out the dragon disguise for my stroller again? Did your youngling easily escape the wagon, and was it comfortable for them? I was thinking I may try renting one and bring the dragon get up for the stroller as back up, in case the wagon doesn't work out. If need be I could go out to the parking lot to assemble it, as it goes together fairly quickly now that the initial construction has been done. Also should I bring a blanket or some such to pad the bottom of the wagon? Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

Ryk Rakham

We took one of the grand-lads when he was 18 months old. We put blankets in the bottom of one of the wagons and chose one with the cover for shade. He rode almost perfectly all day, even napped in the wagon several times. He did escape once out the back, while we were stopped...but was unharmed. We had just left Fool Hearty's show and he wanted to go back. So, I recommend them. They actually move around the faire paths better than a stroller I think.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

FoxFire

Thanks so much, Ryk. I think we will take the dragon rig for the stroller just in case but try out renting a wagon. My boy is quite active and truly dislikes being strapped into anything, which makes the stroller most unappealing to him.