News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

May 31st - ValleyFair

Started by Random Girl, May 09, 2008, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Girl

Ok I think since only one person was interested in breakfast that the meet up will occur at the gates at roughly 10 AM.  I will be there a mite early because I'm just that way.

It might rain tomorrow so bring an umbrella or something similar to keep rain off you.  HOWEVER the high is supposed to be somewhere around 80 and with the chance of storms brings humidity, I for one will be bringing my suit for the possibility of Waterpark goodness.

Bring a food item to share at the lunch in Picnic Cove.  I will be bringing hot dogs and buns.

I am going to retire to my couch and will my cold to piss off.

See everyone tomorrow morning!!!!

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Muffin

okay... Meeting at 10.. Front Gate.. got it!!

We will have swim suits with as well! whoooo hooooo!!!

I'm bringing brats and buns, and some chips and some other goodies..  ;D

xoxo,
Muffin
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Toarmod

Synn and I aren't interested in the water park but we'll figure out sumthin fer the picnic.

We'll see ya at the gates @ 10! ;D

Leyla

*Green with Envy*

It's freaking GORGEOUS out!  Awesome day for the park, and here I sit at the computer between the wedding and the reception.  Man I wish I could be in two places at once!

I'm glad you all had such a beautiful day for your time outside playing.

*Edit Add* Doh, hope I didn't jinx it.  I hear the thunder rolling in now.   :o

Synnovea

Beautiful day.  Bummed we had to leave it early but my puppy's bladder can only hold it so long.  Anyways, never did see any storm clouds down there, however, on our way home saw the dark skies to the north.

Thanks to Muffin, Bacardi, Lily, Willum, Lukasz, Nessa and Tanner for a fun day!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lots of exercise and fresh air (and cake!)...must go crash now.

Random Girl

Yep it was a great time other than my brief freakout when Tanner went missing for like an hour and a half.
It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to dangnubbit.

The cake was phenomenal and the rides were fun although after having a baby for some reason I am like super sensitive to motion now.  So I think this will be the last time I ride rides..until Avalon makes me.

Mommy Mommy!!! I want to ride the TILLAWURL!!

*blech*

Happy to be home, in bed, nap was great.  All in all a great day.

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Lukasz

Haha, sooo slept from like...9pm-7am! Thanks guys for the awesome time! Me and Willum just missed the rain when we left. Heard yall got rained on in the go-karts!

Muffin

What a fun day!!!!!!!  ;D

Yup Lil, me and Bacardi got rained on in the go carts.. and when I say rain, I mean it POURED!!!! but we got our money back so it was all good... (and hey we went around a few times and it was already 7:45 pm)

When Bacardi and I got home this is what we saw.. that white stuff isn't snow kids.. it's hail!!!

and it still looks this way this morning...
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Storm

YIKES...

That looks terrible Muffin! Hope you guys didn't get anything damaged by the hail!

I don't think we got any hail here in Lakeville.

Gin and I were on the road when this went down. We were driving up 169 from Kato and got caught by the leading edge of a big arse thunder boomer. It seriously went from light out to dark in and instant. It was kinda surreal watching it develop. We could tell quite a ways off that we were probably going to drive into it.  We could see the clouds and all the rain off in the distance. Wish we had our camera with. Would have made for some good pics.

Anyway, We got tagged outside of Belle Plaine , then again between Jordan and Shakopee. There was plenty of lightning all around and when the skies opened up they opened up! Heavy rains! and not just heavy, but those large drops too. We could barely see the road in front of us. Luckily the rain didn't last long. It was the leading edge and we just got barely nipped by it as they bulk of the storm passed behind us. I would not have wanted to be on that road 15 minutes latter. I bet things really suxed then!

Rage

Wow got hail in Belle Plaine but nothing like Bacardi & Muffin.

CelticOne

We got all of this in about 30 seconds then it was gone in about 30 more when the rain started.

The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.