News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Day Almost Here!

Started by Sir Abish, May 09, 2008, 07:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Abish

Greetings everyone!

Opening Bell is just 35 days away!  We have a ton of new stuff this year.  I hope you all are going to make a trip to see us again.  Here is a short list of some of the new stuff.

Ales and Tales.  A VIP ticket to your own mini-faire.  You get free appetizers, 2 free ales, and a private mini show by some of the best acts at this years faire.  This takes place in your own pub that we reserve for 2 shows a day.  Ticket price is only 15.00.  Get them early as I am sure the tickets will sell out fast.  If you know Lazlo from the Minn faire he will be the  Master of Ceremonies for this event.

A larger Typsy Gypsy.  We have doubled the size of one of the most popular pubs.

A Mud Show.  We have built a new stage area for this fun filled act!

The Pizpor Stage.  a new stage for some crappy shows.

This is short list as I have limited time tonight.  check back later for more updates... Take care

DeadBishop

Thank you for the update, Sir Abish.  Glad you found your way here!  The Ales and Tales sounds great!

R/F.com member since 2003

Rage

Looking forward to my first year there.

Leyla

ACK!  Just realized I haven't paid for camping yet.  Where do we send the check and info?  And how much were the non-electric sites again?

Large group from MN invading June 27th! 

Can't wait!

Sir Abish

You can now pay online for camping at riverridgecampgrounds.com  A primitive site is 15.00 a night.  Thanks and just call if you have any questions. 

Baron Doune

I am so looking forward to this faire.

Your faire should be a model for others.

Sir Abish know your efforts are appreciated!

ps.  Give us hot Scotch Eggs...please?
pss. With sausage gravy? (ok I'm pushing it.)
psss. Ok I'm sucking up.

skrid the brown

Will be me wife and I first time.  Any scalawags like to drink ale there?

Shetani

Yay!  Faire is almost here, but there's soooooo much to do yet:  get out the garb, make new stuff, clean the shop, do some landscaping... the list goes on...

Stop by the forge to see us, though I may not be there as much as last year (I'm contracted for a couple of horse shows that overlap date-wise).

Christel

ps Baron Doune, I'd also like to see scotch eggs sold there, along with spinach calzones and a realy good shepherds pie.  ;D
Christel in Central Wisconsin

IWF# 1050
co-keeper of the blacksmith of Iron Wolf Forge

caretaker to the last of the hors

Baron Doune

The mn group will be camping June 27/28/20 at River Ridge.

See http://tinyurl.com/5zd2x2

And Skrid you might find a few of us like to tip the cup.

I still think this faire has some of the best pubs I've ever seen.

Marietta Graziella

When I spoke with Sir Abish  about our group he said he's got us reserved "around" the one tree in the area.  It's closer to the shower area so we may have more neighbors, but we'll (hopefully) have some shade.  We'll still bring the canopy again.  That worked well last year.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

ladiedragon

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on May 20, 2008, 03:49:13 PM
When I spoke with Sir Abish  about our group he said he's got us reserved "around" the one tree in the area.  It's closer to the shower area so we may have more neighbors, but we'll (hopefully) have some shade.  We'll still bring the canopy again.  That worked well last year.

and I.....shall bring..... THE CANOPY CHAAAAAAIIIIIIR!

Marietta Graziella

Oh yes!   The "super chair"!  I remember from Twig last year.  That was pretty damn cool. 

Whoops... can I say "damn" on here?   Oh well.  I just did.  Twice.   :o

So excited!!!

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

ladiedragon

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on May 21, 2008, 05:09:49 PM
Oh yes!   The "super chair"!  I remember from Twig last year.  That was pretty damn cool. 

Whoops... can I say "damn" on here?   Oh well.  I just did.  Twice.   :o

So excited!!!

so you liked that "SUPER CHAIR" huh? because its a super COOL chair?

Random Girl

On my way to and from Waupaca I saw several billboards for the faire. 

Looks good.  Although another drive to/from/through Chippewa Falls may just kill me.

Remind me next time no driving straight from Ladysmith to Menominee.  *headdesk*
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

SleepyArcher

I cant wait for WIRF, I missed it last year trying not to repeat myself.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.