News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Riverssance 2014!

Started by Rowan MacD, September 23, 2013, 09:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

http://www.river-cade.com/riverssance/

Oct 4-5

Joust and Birds of Prey.

Over 21 Smoker at the pub-Adult comedy done right!

Adult-$10.00 
6-12-$5.00
5 and under $1.00
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Brother Gregory

Are we going to see you again this year> Also Castlewall from Colorado will be here.

Rowan MacD

I have vacation locked in and we plan to be there on Saturday.
   We will be missing a few of the regulars-they have been told there is no money in the budget for lodging this year, but they really love this little faire and will be back next year.
   We look forward to hearing the Rogues again, we loved the show in 2012.
   I keep asking myself why the heck we don't have the tomato justice booth at NRF...
   They need more food vendors!  We only had 3-4 last year and they were swamped.
   I miss the mini-donut guy.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Forecast is for highs in the 50's.  Partly cloudy Saturday, Sunday sunny, both days breezy. Cool enough for noble garb (with sleeves).   

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

We are on a 'maybe going' status now;  David has an ear infection.  Cool weather and wind don't help that.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

....Giving a Call out to the Riverssance folks....

There was a mile wide tornado touched down 10 miles northeast of Sioux City at 7PM tonight.  The park is just north of the city, off of I29.
  Everybody OK?  I know there were some folks planning to stay with encampments and some vendors will sleep at their tents.... 
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

According to FB-The tornado skipped over the park.  They had wind and rain but no damage (they have some huge trees).
   The weekend was wet and very cool, so we had to skip the event this year.  David's ear infection involves both ears now,  and with it being cold, windy and wet it was just not going to happen.
  Lots of pictures on FB, thanks to all who contributed!-I love the skits and sight gags.  The little girl with the corpse cart and the funeral (with a retinue of mourners) for the empty keg..LOL.
   And of course, Mudman was in his element.

Weirdly enough, the weather will be wonderful this week starting today- highs in the 70's and sunshine, which up until last year was the norm for this location.
   Better luck next year!

IWG wench #3139