News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

July 26 & 27

Started by Scotsman, July 08, 2008, 06:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Finger

Just FYI, the gates have really been opening as early as 10:00.

I'll try to get there early and keep an eye out for you.

irish

I am having car trouble this week, so I will be later in coming to faire on Saturday. I wont be there until 1:30 in the afternoon. I will look for you all! Drive safely getting there!!
irish ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

I plan on being there either Saturday or Sunday. All depends on which day is better weather wise. Hopefully these storms get out before the weekend, but does not look that way. But heck, it is pirate weekend, and what is a little rain to a pirate ! I just don't want to be out in a lightening or wind  storm  like  we been getting lately ! ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Scotsman

Quote from: Sterling Scot on July 23, 2008, 04:49:50 PM
Just FYI, the gates have really been opening as early as 10:00.

I'll try to get there early and keep an eye out for you.

Ohhh, thanks for the insight ... we will have to plan tailgate for just a bit earlier.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scotsman

Okay ... we will be on the road at 1300 hrs today ... Looking forward to meeting the crew tomorrow. It looks like my entire family is making the trek North, rare.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Amy of York

I'll be there on the 27    dressed in my pirate captain garb  .   

irish

Arianwyn.. :D....it was nice to meet you! I am so glad I had the chance to say hi! Please come back, when you have a chance!!
Marie the Ditchwitch... ;D..I finally found you in your shoppe! I was coming back, but the guys wanted to go when the rains came. Babies! Hahaha! Was a pleasure meeting you and I will stop by, the next time I am at faire!
Scotsman.. :(....I couldn't find you amongst the hordes of people! I hope you had a pleasent time at Sterling and will make it back again!
irish  :)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

irish

I have one comment about faire today.......just because it was "Pirate Weekend", I didn't think it should be taken so literally! My b.f.'s son, placed his 'flop' hat, that I made him, next to him on the bench. When he reached for it, some jerk, had taken it!  >:( Needless to say, he was somewhat dishearten! It can be replaced, but I just don't know what ails people!

***edit ~ Yes Amy....met some non~savory patrons... >:(..rude as can be. I held my tongue, which isn't easy to do!  ::) If the young ones weren't in ear shot... :o...lol! I am all for having a good time, but use some manners..... ;D ~***
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Lady Amy of York

Thats too bad Irish ! Poor kid. Unfortunately  on popular theme weekends like pirate's weekend  you don't only get your good hearted rennie's and pirates and  your well mannered  tourists, but you also get your  scums  who have  to ruin it for everyone.  

Tygrkat

We made it out finally around 3 pm {!} and I finally  got to say hello to Marie and see her shop - Marie, it was lovely meeting you and I will be sure to come back to visit on our wedding day! {August 16  :D}

Irish, Scotsman, Arianwyn...it's too bad I didn't get to run into any of you while we were there. We ended up getting there much   later than I wanted and then when the storms rolled in, my Fiance wanted to leave even though we hadn't been there long AT ALL  :-\.....

*sigh* ...at least I know we'll be going one more time  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

I think I will be going Sunday on Celtic Weekend. I know I will be there Sunday, last day of faire. Have to cry, you know....... :'(
I hope to meet you Tygrkat. Is your wedding still at faire?
Take care........
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Tygrkat

We're absolutely still getting married at Faire! One of the first things we did when we got there was to look at the pavilion all decorated - we stopped out to see it before Faire opened and it was beautiful then, but it's breathtaking with all the eucalyptus wreaths and hanging flower baskets  ;D

We're getting married the Saturday of closing weekend, which is also my Fiance's birthday! {that way he'll never forget our anniversary  :P

We probably won't make it to Faire again other than for our wedding, unless we win tickets or something, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

Ahhhhhhhhhh the day is coming close! I will try to attend that saturday, to wish you all the best, in person!  :)

:D OK....great news to add!!! The weekend of August 2 & 3, two wonderful friends of mine, will be attending faire! Maybe some of you remember......Bubboon? He and his wife Jen will be coming that weekend, as patrons. They have been so busy with their work and finally have time off to visit! I am so excited!!!
I will add his link here, if you would like to see what he has been up to. You can listen to his songs......old and new! http://www.bubboon.com/
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Lady Amy of York

Wow, i don't know if it was because of the nice weather,or the pirate theme but the faire was the crowdest i have ever seen it today.   Alot of tourists, and first timers. Not too many people in garb, which surprised me.  There were alot more pirates last year I thought. Despite the crowd everyone seemed well behave today. Atleast the people that i met.  I had several people ask me to pose for a picture with them since i was dressed to the hilt in pirate  captain attire and accessories .

MMario

yup - this weekend at faire was much more like "old times" - not as many through the gates as we *have* had; but a respectable crowd.

I got away from the booth to see the first pyrate show of the day saturday - then spent the rest of the weekend busy as a beaver keeping my minions working (kidding - they are a great crew and worked their butts off this weekend!)