News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening day fail.

Started by 609wood, October 12, 2013, 05:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on October 28, 2013, 03:10:30 PM
My two bits... The Sea Devil has become too "Dane-ish".

I fear you are right but The Sea Devil is one of the few places that has an electrical outlet.  So I shall continue to go there, have an ale and feed StudMuffin, then go someplace more comfortable to socialize.
Too bad I can't get up to the deck at the Barbarian.  StudMuffin hasn't learned to go up stairs yet.  Down is easy, get a running start then flap my arms like mad.  Landing is another story...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on October 29, 2013, 02:21:29 PM

I fear you are right but The Sea Devil is one of the few places that has an electrical outlet.  So I shall continue to go there, have an ale and feed StudMuffin, then go someplace more comfortable to socialize.
Too bad I can't get up to the deck at the Barbarian.  StudMuffin hasn't learned to go up stairs yet.  Down is easy, get a running start then flap my arms like mad.  Landing is another story...

Sounds like we need to add a Keeper powered, Block and Tackle, elevator to the Inn (o:

In fact, if wanted to include some ingenuity we could make it a Stud Muffin powered elevator.  We could let the driving wheels turn a roller with friction.  Yeah, this could work.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Hector_

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 29, 2013, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on October 29, 2013, 02:21:29 PM

Sounds like we need to add a Keeper powered, Block and Tackle, elevator to the Inn (o:

In fact, if wanted to include some ingenuity we could make it a Stud Muffin powered elevator.  We could let the driving wheels turn a roller with friction.  Yeah, this could work.

KP!!  I can see it!  Just hope StudMuffin doesnt run out of juice along the way!   :P

Singed

The current issue basically sums up my opinion of TRF right now. 

http://www.trfwtf.com/

After 8 years of entertaining their patrons and basically working because we loved Faire and the people who attend it, they offered us a **** sandwich of a contract and we were forced out. 

Seeing things like Silverleaf resorts being allowed to rip off their patrons (and Silverleaf is a rip off, plenty of fodder for anyone who wants to do their homework), seeing how blatantly commercialized it has become, it really saddens me. 

Breandan

Lemme get this straight... they are actively trying to get vendors to drop character to fine them, all while having glaringly-modern "Sponsored By: [insert company logo of sponsor here]" signs all over Hel's creation, the modern Carnivale restaurant (thankfully sans Carnivale dancers this year), constant modern political commentary in various shows, and Ye Olde Paintball Gunne range? On top of the other BS, that just blows my mind.

...guess I can expect yet another retaliatory filing of false charges with the security office by Mr. Brock for this commentary as well, since I dared to step out of line and criticize the Almighty Ivory Tower dwellers again.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Singed

Mystery shoppers asking the time then dinging people (well a 500 dollar fine is hardly a ding) for showing a watch?  Seriously TRF?  Y'all realize that some, though it is an ever shrinking number, of your vendors don't import everything from Chinese and 3rd world sweatshops and thus operate on very thin margins. 

Fenster

Quote from: Singed on November 04, 2013, 02:11:15 PM
Mystery shoppers asking the time then dinging people (well a 500 dollar fine is hardly a ding) for showing a watch?  Seriously TRF?  Y'all realize that some, though it is an ever shrinking number, of your vendors don't import everything from Chinese and 3rd world sweatshops and thus operate on very thin margins.
Yes, it's quite silly when you have things like an electric assisted bungee jump timed with stopwatches.

DonaCatalina

Good God. It sounds like they are trying to force someone or some people out.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BryanPopp

Quote from: DonaCatalina on November 08, 2013, 05:25:34 AM
Good God. It sounds like they are trying to force someone or some people out.

DO they get fined for not helping a customer? This is what is called cherry picking. This is low and bad business.

Merlin the Elder

TRF was never high on my list, but based on all of the comments in this and other threads, it has been officially crossed off my list of faire destinations.  I know a lot of you love this place, but it no longer sounds like it's qualified to be called a Ren Faire in my opinion. It may just be that I look for something different when I go to a faire.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...