News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Garb question (or lack thereof)

Started by Wildbore, October 17, 2013, 07:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildbore

I'm not sure if the answer is obvious to this question, but men are allowed to go shirtless, right?  For barbarian weekend I'm thinking of going shirtless and I wasn't fully sure of the policy. 

Rani Zemirah

Oh... I've seen a LOT of people shirtless... not just men!  As long as you are abiding by the law you can wear whatever you like.  It can get a bit chilly, or a bit crispy, if the sun is beating down... but LOTS of guys go shirtless. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

ravic

If you are a patron, you can pretty much what you wish barring anything outright illegal.

PollyPoPo

Keep in mind that if you are not used to being outside with exposed skin, even if it is overcast, you can get a really bad sun burn (or wind burn).  It's something you don't notice is happening until it is too late. 

So it's a good idea to lather on the sunscreen every hour or so. 

And if you happen to be with any well endowed ladies, remind them to use the sunscreen on any part that is not usually uncovered for hours on end outside. 

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Wildbore

Thanks for all the input.  I am a guy, sorry if that disappoints some :)  I'm a *big* believer in sunscreen (they had that back in the day, right?), so I plan on slathering it on liberally.