News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stuff you find from last year's faire

Started by Valiss, July 08, 2008, 10:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

So faire is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm digging through my closet looking for my gear - when I happen to stumble upon some treasure!  You see, sometimes I buy or make a new items at faire and after the season I pack it all up for next year.  But very often I'll forget about the new item and get excited about it all over again when I unboxed it after a long break.

This year I discovered 3 or 4 bottles of Loki and 1 large bottle of Demon Rum I had made in August of last year!  Considering the ingredients, I'm sure it will still be good to drink, don't you? Anyway what a great surprise for faire this year!

Haver you ever discovered a surprise after unpacking your faire gear?

Greenman66669

Hahahaha, yes actually.  The best things I have found so far are a pair of fairy wings and a dress.  Looking at those items jump started my memory of what I did during the run of that season.
Shogun of Japan
Loki Prince
FOKTOP Royal Marshall

Taffy Saltwater

Not purchased at, but purchased for, faire - Lucius Malfoy's swagger stick, found in a corner of the closet while doing my packing up.  Come on, TRF!
Sveethot!

Count Adolfo

Aye, this is one of Faire's pleasure... finding a piece of garb you've forgotten or a memory, sometimes... like a favour granted you by a friend you've not seen since last year at Faire.

Will Gamwell

Faire ended, last September.  This June, I pulled out my stuff to look for a few specific items to wear in parades.  In my leather pouch, the following items:

1.  Half a book of food coupons
2.  Lighter I have been looking for
3.  Two smokes left in a pack
4.  And a $5 bill.

Sean

JimsDana

How FUNNY!!!!
I just found this topic, right after I found the HONEY STICKS that I have been looking for since TFR last year, (2008)HA HA!!!!
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Count Adolfo

Quote from: Greenman66669 on July 11, 2008, 06:48:07 PM
Hahahaha, yes actually.  The best things I have found so far are a pair of fairy wings and a dress.  Looking at those items jump started my memory of what I did during the run of that season.

thanks, now I have to go slaughter a goat to get that image out of my head.

renfairephotog

The other night one of the cats comes running into the living room. He playing with something red. It's a fresh cayenee  pepper, he bites it and jumps back. He plays with it a while until he knocks it under the dvd shelf. I move the case and find the pepper, a ton of hair ties, and a faire favor.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

I found a $20 bill and about $13 in gold one dollar coins in a belt pouch that I haven't seen since last season.  Beer money! :D

R/F.com member since 2003

Count Adolfo

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Thats it! I gotta go look in my garb box and my pouch. (keep your fingers crossed)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Count Adolfo

funny you say that, Joyce Ann
after DB posted that, I did exactly that... but NO LUCK
:'(

bellevivre

honestly- I found an entire DRESS i forgot i made! need to go through ALL the garb and get it hanging up and pressed and ready to go- and altered!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

NelleMoorley

My favorite things to rediscover are anything written - I have random secret admirer notes, notes from friends about how much we'll miss eachother, invitations to parties, letters of advice and words of wisdom.  And I find them everywhere - in pockets, baskets, jewelery boxes, all over.  And I should really put them all in a scrapbook, but I'm lazy, and anyways, I like re-discovering them!

Nelle Moorley

Adriana Rose

Hahaa I have found money stashed in a pouch, phone numbers, email addresses see I am not avoiding those people Iam just a ditz

in my train case that I use i have found like 12 bucks in gold dollars, I just dump the stuff I collect in my bodice in that thing its amazing what it collects lol

I love those holy crap i forgot I had that moments!