News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

help help help

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, July 09, 2008, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

I need some help if anyone has any clue
being a knitter who always likes to have a project handy I left my neewst set in my truck not thinking about the sweltering ga heat. well i got out of the truck and went in church i arrived early since i didn't see any point in waisting my gass driving past the church to go home to thirty minutes later come back well i get set down pull out my knitting and noticed my needles are warped i know no one has sat on them so i know it's the heat from being locked in my truck it wouldn't be so bad but this is my favorite pair and my friends love for me to show them off because they light up. I'm afraid to do too much and break them or mess the lights in them up. Any suggestions how i might straighten my needles out will be helpful
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Spinster

These are plastic needles, yes?

They're already weak because they've been warped. Trying to fix them will make them weaker. That being said: stick them in the oven and apply pressure to straighten them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It takes some experimenting to get the heat of the oven the right temp, and to figure out what will work to put enough pressure on them, but it can work.

Much easier to get a new set.
I've been turned into a cow. May I be excused?

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah they are plastic

thats what i was wondering if i should just toss em and purchase a new pair

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari