News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

69 days

Started by moonshine jeff, December 01, 2013, 03:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonshine jeff

til sherwood opens....

Johnny Stache

It canna come soon enough. Nice posting here on such a sexy amount of time left till by the way. ;)
"I'm a rambler I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home, and them that don't like me can leave me alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when I'm dry, and if the Loki don't kill me, I'll live till I die!!"

KiltedPrivateer

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Randal

Vive Ut Vive

Bonny Pearl

So I take it this is the official countdown thread? :)  YAY!  I'm already planning my adventures for Sherwood this coming season!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Johnny Stache

"I'm a rambler I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home, and them that don't like me can leave me alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when I'm dry, and if the Loki don't kill me, I'll live till I die!!"

Merlin the Elder

I have our Opening Weekend campsite reserved -- at the Bastrop Hampton Inn -- and the first day's tickets purchased. It will be cheaper to by our Sunday tickets on-site Sunday morning, because of the 2-for-$20 before noon special.  Vacation time scheduled...yeah, that pretty much takes care of the longer term stuff.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

KiltedPrivateer

Wish y'all would come out to the camps Merlin and hang out with us on the deck of the Procrastinator.  Looking forward to seeing you and Lady Nim in February.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Merlin the Elder

Thanks, KP.  You never know...

We tend to wear down by mid-afternoon, mainly because we don't stop and sit enough! That, and the fact that we aren't so oung anymore...  With Nimue still recovering from a broken foot at the LAST faire we went to, I can't safely predict anything. May have to hire a rickshaw for the day!

PollyPoPo

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on December 05, 2013, 11:19:49 AM
Thanks, KP.  You never know...

We tend to wear down by mid-afternoon, mainly because we don't stop and sit enough! That, and the fact that we aren't so oung anymore...  With Nimue still recovering from a broken foot at the LAST faire we went to, I can't safely predict anything. May have to hire a rickshaw for the day!

That sounds like a plan, Merlin.  Then maybe you could find a spot in the center of faire, and just people watch for a while.  I do that  a lot, but then I'm there every weekend. 
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

KiltedPrivateer

Nice thing about Sherwood, there plenty of places to just sit and watch the day pass by.

I recommend a nap around 11.  I know of a nice shaded camp site just outside the camp ground gate.  Complete with hammocks.

*Nudge Hint Wink Prod*
Lover of Lady Kitara

Merlin the Elder

Nap at 11?!? Hell's bells! The gates open at 10! I don't tire quite that easily!  ;D

Johnny Stache

I've seen the spot that clan p hath claimed. And I must say,dear Merlin, it tis a tough thing to immagine denying a nap in one of their most comely of hammocks,tired or not.

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara