News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2014 Nebraska Reniassance Faire

Started by Rowan MacD, January 02, 2014, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

May 3-4 and 10-11th.
Hours: 11-6
last years prices:
$12.00 adults (discount tickets available) 
$7.00  3-12children
under 3 free.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

Nebraska Renaissance faire is casting local Omaha and Lincoln, Ne. talent for street characters and event staff. 

Check out the FB page for a list of characters they would like to see, if you are located in our area and are interested.

There have been major cast shakeups this year, many of the regulars are not coming back this year.

I imagine that Management has decided to employ locals for the smaller roles to save on lodging costs and afford some bigger acts.

David and I are regular Playtrons and we like it that way; so we won't be auditioning.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

Where is it?  Maybe we can FINALLY meet?  Are you guys going all four days?

Rowan MacD

Sorry it took so long to answer, Butch :P....
  It's in Papillion, Ne-Eastern Nebraska
  From I-80 East or West get off on Hwy 370 and head east
  Bellevue Pumpkin ranch is Mid way between hwy 370 and Cornhusker hwy on 48th st. , right next to the creek.
  There are signs on both ends of 48th  st.
  There are onsite camp grounds, fire pits, plenty of shade and lots of free parking.  Alcohol is served at the 2 pubs on site, which also host the more bawdy shows.
  The main gravel parking lot fills up fast, so we usually park folks on the grassy area next to the road starting about 45 minutes after opening.   
  We will be there at least one day per weekend; which day depends on the weather and if I have to work that Saturday, which is why we don't  commit to being on cast.
IWG wench #3139 

Keno

This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Faire day is growing closer...
  A recent spring cleaning of the garage and basement yielded a large bass drum (originally acquired to be cannibalized for parts) as well as some other items that I have donated to the faire..They have been picked up, and I have been assured they will be put to good use.

I have recently finished a lavishly jeweled french hood that I hope will meet with Her Grace's approval, as it will be a gift to her. 

I am being told there will be improvements to the grounds and facilities this year, including more shade for the list. 

At this rate we will be expanding into the corn field behind the children's realm.  The owner of Bellevue Berry Ranch continues to build for us.

We need a bigger parking lot!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

We have a new parade banner for Her Grace;  preparations continue for the Royal visit to the village of Bridgewater!
   Vendor and entertainment list is up on the website.   

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Cautiously optimistic about the weather next weekend-
  Right now the forecast is for about the same conditions we had last year: Sunny/partly sunny and in the low to mid 60's...comfortable for heavier garb.
  Too early to tell for the second weekend.
  We are donating 4 large flags with Her Grace's standard-3 lions passant quartered with 3 fleur-de Lis to brighten the grounds.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

I'll probably be there Saturday the 10th.  Offutt is full, so may be staying somewhere else.

Rowan MacD

Edit for more info:  It tends to get tight for decent lodging around here during the faire; Just about all the hotels are full because the Berkshire Hathaway shareholders are in town on the first weekend of May.
   However, they tend to gravitate toward the high end Hotels.   
   Check the faire website for sponsors; then call to see if they will give a discount for the faire goers.  It's worth a shot. If they are full (likely) then check out places like the American Family Inn on Ft Crook road just out side the Offutt main gate.
    Further out, I would check out Gretna, Ne-which is straight west on 370 from the I-80 exit. I doubt the shareholders and their flunkies have rented everything out there.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

Cool, thank-you for the suggestions.  I'm sure we'll figure something out!

Rowan MacD

You're going the second weekend?  I would check back next week; some of the BH folks may have checked out early, or canceled.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

For those of us attending this weekend-The forecast is much improved!  mid to high 60's and sunny both days.   I can't wait, this is the first faire of the season for hubby and I.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

OK, it's pretty firm.  We'll be there Sat the 10th.  We'll be staying in the Big O Sat night (prob at a cousin's house), and going to a family function on Sun the 11th.

We'll prob leave our house in KC early Sat morn, partially garbed.  Not sure what time we'll get there.  It takes right at 3 hours to get there from my house.  What are the hours of the faire (I cannot access the faire site from work for some reason)?