News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2014 Nebraska Reniassance Faire

Started by Rowan MacD, January 02, 2014, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on May 02, 2014, 10:08:47 AM
OK, it's pretty firm.  We'll be there Sat the 10th.  We'll be staying in the Big O Sat night (prob at a cousin's house), and going to a family function on Sun the 11th.

We'll prob leave our house in KC early Sat morn, partially garbed.  Not sure what time we'll get there.  It takes right at 3 hours to get there from my house.  What are the hours of the faire (I cannot access the faire site from work for some reason)?

I believe I saw 11-6 .  We shall keep in touch and see you there.  I got Mead!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

So how was the first weekend?  I looked an the website and saw that Clearly Guilty was scheduled; some of their stuff is pretty funny!  I see that Orckes and Trolls are scheduled for this weekend; I like seeing them.  I have heard several different people complain that Orckes and Trolls is the only act that uses a music stand, but it never has bothered me!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch - who all is coming with you (the cordwaner I would imagine?)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 05, 2014, 11:30:37 AM
Butch - who all is coming with you (the cordwaner I would imagine?)
Just my wife in "MUNDANES".  My son is still away at his "journeyman school" through the 18th (although it will be him and me at the Amana Festival!).  My dau cannot get away from the tavern she tends.

We've got a family event to attend on Sun, so alas, it will be a Sat only showing for the l'Honnete family!  Where are you guys staying?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

OK, well I sent you a phone text.  I can't wait to see you and the family!

Does anyone know if the Omaha Ren Faire has a name?  Like the KCRF is "Canterbury".  Is there one?

Rowan MacD

We are the Village of Bridgewater.   

Look forward to seeing you both there. 

Orkes and Trolles and the Joust will be 10-11th.
  We had pretty good crowds last weekend in spite of there being no Joust.  The fairy queen reported giving out almost 400 fairy berries to the kids, the Queen was running short on knighting tokens. 
  The weather was just perfect.
   Evengard Improv and the Horsemen kept it lively in the lanes and onstage, and Crazy Boy Coy was standing room only at the pirate ship. 
  Moostruck Meadery is vending at faire for the first time-The peach mead is to die for!  We gathered at the Meadery store in Bellevue after faire for pizza, snacks, and of course... more mead. 
  I was able to get vacation so hubby and I are on cast with the court both weekends, and I finally got my favors done last night.   
  There was an article in the Wold Herald..
$12.00 at the gate  11-6 both days.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Butch

Ah!  La ville d'eau de pont!

I've been wanting to try the Moonstruck Meadery stuff; I've heard of them!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Is Moonstruck the one you told me about last year I believe?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 06, 2014, 02:14:52 PM
Is Moonstruck the one you told me about last year I believe?
Probably.  I've been wanting to try them, they're based out of an Omaha suburb.  The owner/proprieter used to date one of my high school classmates, and that's how I'd heard of them.  We'll see how it compares to Bracknell mead, eh?

I did some research on Bridgwater, England.  It seems it was/is a port city!  PERFECT for a sailor on shore leave!

Rowan MacD

I didn't do any drinking 'on the job' this weekend,  but I know that Moonstruck Mead was being sold on site, probably up at the pirate pub or thereabouts, and was a BIG hit with the public.  Plenty of mundanes walking around with drinks in hand, so I figure there is no restriction on where your take your drink inside the park.
   Folks were dropping by the store in Bellevue after fair to buy bottles.  It's located just off of Mission blvd on the south side on Madison ave across from the Dairy Queen.  They serve food also.  Word is getting around, and business is steadily growing.  It's not cheap but it is SO worth it
   If you get a chance; get to the store and sample the 6 month old wine in the cask on the bar-they don't bottle that for sale but you can buy it by the glass or for $2.00 for an ounce.  They also sell 'sample tastings' like other wineries.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/moonstruck-meadery-bellevue?hrid=yI5_dlf5ohxk314OaEOO-Q

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Butch

The DQ on the way in to Bellevue from IA?  Coming across the toll bridge on 370 through the "older" part of Bellevue?  I had no idea it was over there.  That's the way we always come to Omaha.  (well, most always; sometimes we come in by the Henry Dorley Zoo).  I'll have to swing by!

So, Rowen, will you be able to speak with us?  Or do your courtly duties have your dance card pretty full?  I'll be wearing my fuzzy blue thrum cap (think Grover from Sesame Street), a blue doublet, white slops, stockings, and black shoes.  My personna is Pompon l'Honnete; an English sailor from Calais (France).  I will have just docked with ship, the HMS Flirt in your port city of Bridgwater!  Whoo!  A sailor on shore leave!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I had better batten down Lady Addilay  ;)

BTW we may be staying over Saturday night also
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 07, 2014, 11:32:08 AM
Well then, dinner's on me!  Is yr son/his friends coming down?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on May 07, 2014, 11:53:17 AM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 07, 2014, 11:32:08 AM
Well then, dinner's on me!  Is yr son/his friends coming down?

No, just Angie and I
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell