News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fantasy Film vs Cellophane

Started by LibraryPrincess, April 24, 2013, 10:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LibraryPrincess

Maybe this belongs in the "sewing" or "garbing" sections (or "Crafts and Projects")?

Anywho, I'm wondering, in your wing-making adventures, have any of you have worked with Fantasy Film, and if so, how does it compare to cellophane? I'm particularly concerned about weight and durability.

Please and thank you in advance. ^_^
Texas Renaissance Festival
Sherwood Forest Faire
Castle of Muskogee
Scarborough Renaissance Festival

Bonny Pearl

I tried using cello but didn't like the way it turned out so I tried Angelina Fiber instead and I love it.  If the fantasy film doesn't work for you try the fiber.  It is shreds that you iron together to make a 'sheet'.  I found a wide array of colors, you can mix the colors up for the affect you want.  The fibre is very fine so be sure to use clear spray adhesive to add extra bonding.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

ColumbineTheButterfly

Hello, Mi'ladies.

I am a professional wing maker. You can try ironing clear vinyl from to cellophane. This makes them very durable. Play with it..but use a low iron..with the right heat, you will find a very very good melt between the two.

Hope that helps :) If you have more questions, please do email me. I'm happy to help you.

Columbine the Butterfly