News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

input and critique

Started by rengypsy, January 08, 2014, 04:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackGonzo, MD

I like the B.Queen's idea.

An idea I had, though not sure how plausible it is, is a dedicated family camping area. However, unlike the quiet camping at TRF maybe put this near the parking lot so they could use that entrance instead of the one the campground currently uses. If a family stays the entire day in faire and then has to walk past the clans children may see or hear things their parents may not find appropriate. By having a completely secluded area with its own entrance may significantly reduce any problems.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

KiltedPrivateer

BQ - Though an after hours pub is a great idea, one of the best parts of camping is the walk about. You should take a stroll around the loop at SWFF and stop in at each of the clan camps and say hi and sit and chat for awhile.

Jack - You are suggesting segregation. Most of us with kids expect to remain as part of the community. Most of us with kids are responsible enough to ensure that our children only experience what we intend for them to experience.

This coin could easily be flipped the other way by suggesting that all the adults whom are unable to remain civil when children are about, be penned up on the furthest corner of the faire property.

I am very passionate about this topic. Future posters be aware.

Sent via digital carrier Pigeon
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

JackGonzo, MD

I know KP, seen it first hand. This would be more for those who are more mundane but want to camp. You know, those parents who just let their kids run around and do whatever they want instead of doing their parental duties and looking after them. I don't remember if I ever saw that being a problem at Sherwood, but I know I've seen it at TRF. I'm not saying if you have a child you must camp there, just an option for those who do and may not want to be near the clans.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.