News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lighting a candle for my Mom

Started by Molden, July 13, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molden

I just heard from Mom about her visit with the doctor today. She was there a lot longer than any of us expected. (She just got home a half hour ago!). They did some blood and breathing tests. She's now set up for a bronchoscopy on Friday. They can and will do a biopsy at that time. The doctor says she either has a fungus or lung cancer.  ??? Anyway - *good news* He did stress that EITHER situation is MANAGEABLE!!! After Friday we will know the next steps.

Thank all of you for your kind words, varous offers - and above all - the Wonderul Energy Ya'll put out there. Let's please keep things focused on her recovering. Thank you all so much. And no matter how I say it, it feels insufficient. But it is heartfelt.

I've got a few more people to update, then I think I'll actually grab a bite and lighten up a little.  I'll keep this thread updated on her progress.

Namaste
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

RenRobin

What a blessing to hear.  I continue to keep ya'll in my prayers; they are powerful.  Besides can't hurt now can it??  ;)
Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Wonderous news indeed Darlin'!   :-*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Baroness de Vale

You are all in my thoughts and prayers! I pray for your mom to have a safe and speedy recovery!

Tipsy Gypsy

Been there with a family member too, dude. Heartfelt prayers that it's just a fungal infection and not the "big C", and prayers of thanksgiving that it's manageable, regardless. 
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Luciana

My prayers are with you  and your family Molden.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

renren

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's condition, Molden!
But glad to hear that they think it will be treatable!
You will both be in my thought, and prayers!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Molden

Many Thanks to all of you wonderful folks. 'tis heartfelt indeed.

The bronchoscope ended up hurting Mom more, post-procedure than she'd anticipated. And she's been pretty wiped from the anesthesia. She is getting some good rest and is eating well. And I'm sure a little taken aback, as am I at the news. We knew it was likely, so now we face it.

They said Mom has non-small cell lung cancer.

Mom has an appointment to meet her new oncologist late Monday afternoon. They'll discuss a treatment plan at that time.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

lordwriothsley

Molden,
I just learned of  your mom's diagnosis and I must say that I am very sorry to hear that.I will continue to keep her and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

RenRobin

Molden,
It is always difficult to get a diagnosis of cancer for all involved with the family.  Please know that wonderful stides in medicine within the last 10 year have been amazing.  You mom will be going thru a lot and a positive attitude makes a big difference.  Please know your mother and you and your family are in my prayers.  May God's (or whomever you believe in) power of healing and peace be with you all.

Robin
Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Rosaline

So sorry to hear the diagnosis. You, your mother, and family are still in my thoughts, and the candles are burning here.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Blue66669

Much love to you and yours darling. We're keeping those candles lit. I certainly hope you'll come to Houston sometime soon to help me clean up all the dripping wax... :P
Blaidd Drwg

Molden

Mom met her oncologist today. There was concern about the growth around the pulmonary artery. They are scheduling Mom for a pet scan and MRI to determine the spread of the cancer. She'll find out when tomorrow. There will be additional tests to determine staging as well. A round of chemotherapy and radiation treatments will likely be next to knock the cancer back some.

Keep those prayers coming please, we're just now going into battle...
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Lady Brandy

* closes her eyes and imagines herself wrapping her arms gently around Molden in a comforting embrace *

We are here for you & yours, luv. We are here....
In this I am all things.

lordwriothsley

I'm still hoping for the best for your mom Molden.Don't give up and keep on fighting this fight my friend cause i know that in the end she will get better.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"