News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Black Sails on Starz

Started by The Lady Mercedes, January 26, 2014, 08:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Sir Ironhead

I really liked the idea of real and fictional personalities mixed together, making this sort of a prequel to Treasure Island.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Sir Ironhead

We must be the only two here watching, LOL.  I am really curious as to who the woman is that Flint showed up at at the end of episode 2.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on February 09, 2014, 02:45:08 PM
We must be the only two here watching, LOL.  I am really curious as to who the woman is that Flint showed up at at the end of episode 2.

I think that is his wife
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Sir Ironhead

Really?  Hmmm, that is interesting.  You don't normally think of a pirate having a wife.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on February 10, 2014, 06:39:12 AM
Really?  Hmmm, that is interesting.  You don't normally think of a pirate having a wife.

I thought he had mentioned or someone had mentioned his wife earlier
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on February 10, 2014, 06:39:12 AM

It's been known to happen.  8)

Blackbeard had twelve, possibly up to fourteen wives depending on whose account you go with.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Sir Ironhead

She's not his wife but a lover he has/had an adulterous affair with.  And Flint was in the Royal Navy?  Well well, isn't THAT interesting.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack

Robert1961

It's actually one of my favourite shows. I love the concept, well developed characters and an amazing cinematography. Plus Charles Vane must be one of the best villain to hero transformations of all time.
"You must unlearn what you have learned."
Yoda

groomporter

We've been watching it and have really enjoyed it. There have been rumors about a Long John Silver/ Treasure Island sequel.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?