News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any possibility of a spring or fall ren faire

Started by Lady Amy of York, July 16, 2008, 12:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

In a recent article about Sterling there was talk about having year round events   at the Sterling site.  It mention  the ren faire in July/August, and a possible halloween event in October. 
One suggestion that i have, is along with having a ren faire in  July/August is maybe having a ren faire( perhaps on a slightly smaller scale , or not as many weeks  as  the summer  one ) in  May  or October . i LOVE the Sterling ren faire, don't get me wrong, but i wish it did not have to be held during the hottest ,most humid  months  of  the year.  So if we could have an additional faire during the year in a cooler month like May  Or October, that would be great !  Just a suggestion. :) ;)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

Isn't Sterling held during this time because of other faire and artisans schedules? Maybe a 'cabin fever faire'.....lol.....for a weekend or 2 in the Spring may work, but maybe the same feeling would not be there, as schedules for actors, artisans and such, would be in conflict, I am sure.
I think with the new ownership, the faire site will be utilised more and activities offered during the year will be great! I can't wait for the Halloween schedule! Boooowaaahahahahaaaaaaaaa......  :o
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Very true.  I was not thinking anything big and fancy.  Just something like a one  weekend  event maybe in spring or fall.  When i lived in southern California the Escondido faire  would  have   a faire for two weekends in April  and  two weekends  in October . It is just that i have heard people say that would go to the faire if it were not for  the heat or humidity  or thunderstorms.  Just trying to strive up more business for  the faire !   Plus thoose of us who dress in noble garb would not mind a cool weekend  now  and then ! ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Valiss

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on July 16, 2008, 05:10:23 PM
Very true.  I was not thinking anything big and fancy.  Just something like a one  weekend  event maybe in spring or fall.  When i lived in southern California the Escondido faire  would  have   a faire for two weekends in April  and  two weekends  in October . It is just that i have heard people say that would go to the faire if it were not for  the heat or humidity  or thunderstorms.  Just trying to strive up more business for  the faire !   Plus thoose of us who dress in noble garb would not mind a cool weekend  now  and then ! ;D

Heck ya, in California there are enough faires to go almost every single weekend and enver leave the state.  Sterling should have more as well.

irish

Ahhhhhhhh...I always think of big productions....lol! A cool weekend or two, would be good when one wears those heavier gowns. Someday, I may become a 'lady'.... ::).....for now, I will remain a 'wench'!  :P
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)