News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pick a Faire-related movie

Started by Valiss, July 16, 2008, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Oh man, that was the worst movie, but costuming was good. And it is funny you mention it, I have a DVD copy of it I am getting rid of. LOL...
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

robert of armstrong

Okay just one is so hard.  The Princess Bride gets the romantic ambience right, Thirteenth Warrior is awesome, though.  But for me, A Knight's Tale sets it off.  A classic tale of a true noble man showing that Nobility isn't a birthright.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Morgan Dreadlocke

With Faire bein' a strange mix 'o fact an fantasy I'd be lookin' at "Labyrinth" fer visual impact.

Some'o the local SCA groups look like they just walked off the set fer "The Road Warrior" lol.
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Lady Neysa

Labyrinth, sigh, another lovely movie....I always wanted to slap Sara's stepmother for telling her  that she was too old for  fantasy play acting, and that she should date and act like a "normal" teenager.   

Queen Bonnie

Who can pick just one? I love all mentioned here. How about Willow?
Lord of the Rings?
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Bugsy

Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

renren

The Lion in Winter, with Patrick Stewart and Glenn Close... cuz it makes me laugh, how they continually mess with each other, and then part, like they had such a blast!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Robert Phoenix

The 10th Kingdom.  Always wanted to try out he wolf garb at faire

ladyecho

i can't believe I forgot this one!  "The Last Unicorn"! yes It's animated but come on, it screams faire!

CatAshtrophy

Yay! Somebody else remembers the 10th Kingdom too. The wolf garb idea is a neat one from that movie.

greenknightslady

Try "The Wicked Lady". With Faye Dunaway. You will notice a very young girl who plays a wench  went on to play Councelor Deanna Troy on Star Trek.
Wenches Rule! Court Ladies Drool!
No offense...

Robert Phoenix

Quote from: greenknightslady on July 21, 2008, 06:46:40 PM
Try "The Wicked Lady". With Faye Dunaway. You will notice a very young girl who plays a wench  went on to play Councelor Deanna Troy on Star Trek.

I remember that movie.  She played the mistress of the male lead and got her butt whipped and clothing torn off by Faye.  I met her at a trek convention.  Very fun person and very short.

Lady Caroline

Quote from: ladyecho on July 20, 2008, 11:05:23 PM
i can't believe I forgot this one!  "The Last Unicorn"! yes It's animated but come on, it screams faire!

I agree. The music is very faire-ish.

Morgan Dreadlocke

Ain't seen it since high school but wern't there a modern medieval village in "Westworld"?
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Poldugarian Warrior

I like AmyJ's suggestion of "A Knight's Tale"it truly sets up the scene of the joust. I too would suggest this movie. And Valiss I'm assuming that your referring to the Disney version of Three Musketeers. And that scene definitely catches the street and pub scenes of faire. Another god suggestion. I'd have to re-watch my films to find one I could suggest. Any of the 1970's Three Musketeers versions and the Return of The Three Musketeers in 1989 with Michael York. these are good so that you get an idea of how casts speaks. and good costumes. Quite period correct and fancy.