South > LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL

Faire Weather

(1/2) > >>

Woodland Artisan:
I'm thinking of participating at this faire and was wondering what the weather (especially the temp) tends to be like.  The demonstrations in traditional woodworking that I do are rather physically demanding and I like to get an idea of what to expect before committing to it.

From the few talks I've had with people that have done this faire before, they've said to prepare for warm weather at the beginning weeks and then cool in the later weeks.  But what does "warm" mean?  Upper 80's is on the upper range for me to work all day like I prefer to do.  60's is ideal for working.

lordwriothsley:
From what I have heard from the few talks that i have had with some of the cast members of this faire warm means more like in the upper 80's and low 90's.

Zaubon:
But it cools down to lows in the upper 60s low 70s by December!

Woodland Artisan:
I would only be able to do 2 weekends near the beginning of the faire so it' still going to be quite warm I guess.  Thanks, you two.

lordwriothsley:
The main thing that you want to remember even as a vendor is to take care of yourself and drink lots of water.I don't think that LARF wants their vendors going down to you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version