News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To Raid San Zanita: Chapter 3

Started by Obadiah Jib, January 11, 2010, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Chapter 3:  Port Royal

If you choose to aid a gun crew you manage to get off the only shot at the Spanish Frigate.  Most of the other swivel guns misfire with wet powder but under your guidance you fire a load of grape shot at first Spaniards to attempt to clamber aboard Neptune's Daughter.  You earn a +1 to your Pirate Code score!  You also stay away from harm during this encounter.

If you choose to face and repel the Spanish who are attempting to board Neptune's Daughter you find yourself in a nasty and bloody fight!  The Spanish are well know as fantastic hand to hand combatants and this crew is no different.  If you took Crab's French flintlock musket you manage to get off a few shots before the Spanish close for combat.  Most other firearms misfire in the rain and the wind but not this trusty weapon!  You take two terrible wounds in the boarding action.  If you have the Bladed weapons skill and have a cutlass or dagger or Miscellaneous weapon skill and have a cane or boarding axe at the Exceptional level you take but a single wound.  Should you have either of these skills at the Master level you take no wounds.  You earn +2 to your Pirate Code score for showing bravery in the skirmish!

---

The crew of the Neptune's Daughter manages to push back the Spanish boarders and then swarms over the gunwales to take the El Toro de Blanco!  Most of the Spanish are slain except for a single nobleman who is captured.  Gilbert believes he may have information concerning the new colony they hope to sack.  A secret colony known as San Zanita.  Now you have two ships from which to launch this shore raid!

The crew also finds a good amount of silver coin on the El Toro de Blanco.  You earn two pieces of silver as your share of the booty!  If you have a shipboard position you are awarded four pieces of silver.

A skeleton crew is sent over to the Spanish Frigate in effort to take her to Port Royal.  You remain aboard the Daughter and return to your duties.

While en route to Port Royal a fellow crewman tends your wounds (unless you have such training where by you can tend to yourself) and you manage to heal one wound in the voyage.  Should you be a Doctor, Barber/ Surgeon, or have some skill at first aid circa 1665 you are considered a god-send to the crew and can help others wounded in the battle with the Spanish (take +4 points to your Pirate Code score).  Unfortunately the First Mate took a sword wound to the temple and dies after a few days at sea.  Rumors spread about the two ships that you are a contender for this coveted position!

After a few days of travel you arrive in Port Royal, a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah!  The goal now is to find crew for the El Toro and join forces with a third ship. The Captain allows everyone two days of leisure before you set sail again to raid this mysterious Spanish colony.  Both Mister Gallant and Adam Cotton want to visit a well know tavern called "The Three Turns". Do you stay aboard the ship or head off into the streets and alleys of Port Royal?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Charlotte Rowan

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Welsh Wench

As I said, I am dressed for date night in the barrio so you'd better believe I have my red dress and stilettos on and..OW! Damn cobblestones!

I am going dancing!

*heads towards the tavern with a slight limp and a broken heel*
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Port Royal, most definitely!  Did I mention I love the colour red?  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Amy of York

Time  to check out the local males..err I  mean attractions..yea  thats  it , in Port Royal.   ;)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Blue66669

Wenchie, wait the hell up!!!

*shimmies into a cute little black dress and strappy heels and goes running off into the night in Port Royal*
Blaidd Drwg

Charlotte Rowan

Dancing? No. I'm heading to a nice quiet pub to have a whiskey, people watch, and have a chat with some of the locals or other pirates!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady Amy of York

Passes  by  Wenchie.  Stops  and  helps  her limp  into  the  tavern.   Waves  to Charlotte , buys us all  a  drink, and  checks out the  poker games.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Renee Buchanan

I definitely would go into Port Royal.  Besides the fact that I have to buy bird food for the parrot.

*Renee sneaks into the bar with the parrot and slides next to Wenchie and blue zipcode and orders a glass of Pussar's Rum which she shares with the bird.  Medicinal.*
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Capt Spleen

hmf.... well sumwun gots t' stay behaind wit arrr vessels!

"Yo Mad Jack! Kin yer bring me back a fine bottle o rum. Actually get wun fer yarrself too as i nary doubt jus wun bottle will make it back...... *the rum is ALWAYS gone!* " *toss's a few silverz to Mad Jack*

I'll be waitin t' hear all the land ho storiedz!

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Capt Spleen on January 17, 2010, 12:11:53 PM
I'll be waitin t' hear all the land ho storiedz!

*checks for pantylines on her new red dress and makes sure her stilettos are buckled properly*

Hey! Who you callin' a ho??  :o
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....