News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Louis Faire

Started by Nitestar, May 07, 2008, 11:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitestar

Is anyone going?  We're planning to be there first weekend.

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

Lavender

I'll be there on the 17th.  Race ya to the pirates pub.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Nitestar

First one there buys First Round!   ;)  hehe
Lord and Lady Nitestar

willin

Meet me in Saint Louis, Louis  - Meet me at the fair!  (i won't be there, but i couldn't resist the post   :P
GOT FEET ?

jcbanner

the faire's getting close, and I'm getting nervous

Don Quixote

We are going, that is definate, what is indefinate is the date.

Amyj

Bob and I are getting season passes and plan to be there every weekend.  On Sunday of Memoral Day weekend, we are bringing my nephews (aged 2 and 1), Brother and Sister-in-law and my Parents (whew, what a crowd!).  My oldest nephew has a wee kilt to wear, and if I get on it, my youngest will probably have a jester outfit.  Can't wait for opening day!!!!!  See you all there!!!!  :D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Malcolm

Family honors will prevent me from attending opening weekend, but I intend to be there at least one day each weekend thereafter.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

skrid the brown

Me wifey and I hope to make it there! 

guinea

The other half and I are getting season passes this year as well :-)

LadyVal

My friends and I are tenatively planning on being there June 7.  It all depends on their schedule.

Once Debauched

I plan on making opening ceremonies the 17th, but will prob have to leave early to pickup Chicklette.  I'll be there the 18th with Chicklette in tow till either she or I become crabby.  lol  After that I plan on attending at least one day, prob Sunday, of each of the remaining weekends.

Oh yea, if first person to the pub buys the first round who gets the second?

:P
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

BLAKDUKE

Well due to the fact that I have to deliver an antique carraige(read old car) to a guy who is coming in from Emporia Kansas and we have friends coming down from the Minnesota faire on memorial day weekend, we will be able to attend at least on Sunday and perhaps part of Monday.  this will be a new faire for us so we are really looking forward to it. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lavender

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on May 09, 2008, 08:23:15 AM
Well due to the fact that I have to deliver an antique carraige(read old car) to a guy who is coming in from Emporia Kansas and we have friends coming down from the Minnesota faire on memorial day weekend, we will be able to attend at least on Sunday and perhaps part of Monday.  this will be a new faire for us so we are really looking forward to it. 

Tis a really nice faire.  Small and hilly, but very friendly.  Make sure you catch one of 3 Pints Gone's shows.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Once Debauched

Quote from: Lavender on May 09, 2008, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on May 09, 2008, 08:23:15 AM

Tis a really nice faire.  Small and hilly, but very friendly.  Make sure you catch one of 3 Pints Gone's shows.

That's one of my favorite things about our fair!  Last year I heard a few people moan about how their feet and legs hurt after walking all day at TRF and never getting half of it seen.  At St. Louis you do a little bit of walking, a little bit of looking, a little bit of shopping, and then start over.  You can walk the fair at a leisurely pace and have plenty of time for anything you want to do.  I like to sit along the fence behind/off of the stage 3 Pints Gone performs on, sip my mead, watch the passers by and wave, listen to the show and when I find I'm empty I meander back the the dead parrot for a refill.

How many days we have left?
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot