News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New York Capital District Renaissance Festival

Started by theChuck, March 15, 2014, 04:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

I just read about a new fair called the NY Capital District Renaissance Festival. Looks like it's a one-weekend event to start, and is happening just west of Albany. Anyone know anything about it - who's running it, etc.?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

BLAKDUKE

YES YES YES  PLEASE MORE.  I was born and grew up in Albany and I would love to
attend a faire there.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Ozium

Hey Chuck, long time. Keep us up to date as much as you can, but i will keeep
checking their website out also.

Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Bob of the Lake

The little I know about this faire is that it is brand new and being organized by a NYRF cast/staff vet who also helped in the start-up of the Oregon Renaissance Festival last year. It looks like some other NYRF cast members will also involved but I don't know to what extent. Their Facebook page has some info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-Capital-District-Renaissance-Festival/511652742284730

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BLAKDUKE

Looked up the address for the faire and it is well known to me.  Not far out of Albany
which makes it easy to get to.   On the way to the Altamont fair grounds.  With enough support it should do great.  I wish I could help out.

theChuck

I wonder if it'll be worth the drive for those of us from southern parts; it's roughly two hours north of NYRF.

BLAKDUKE

Hell  I live in Alabama and if I have the money I will make the trip. You only get one chance to make a first ever event.

theChuck

Just bought our tickets for Saturday. Anyone else going?

theChuck

Anyone make it out today? We were there for the second half of the day. Overall, a good start to a fair.

Good things:

• They brought in shows like Vixen En Garde and Three Pints Shy, who are always fun.
  • Joust was good. Not really a huge fan of over-the-top jousts like at NYRF, so this was a nice change.
  • Food tent and other signage felt professional, like one of the larger fairs.

Less good things:

• A 12oz beer/cider was $8 (!!) and you could only drink in a designated area. Boo.
  • Layout felt a bit chaotic and disorganized.

Obviously these are all little complaints and are to be expected given that it was the first day. But it was overall a pretty good time, and I'm hoping they grow to be even bigger.

Craigmeister

Unfortunately, I just saw the post about this Renfest.  Does anyone know the 2015 dates yet so I can add them to my website?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

BLAKDUKE

Does anyone know of an off-season phone number for the faire promoters. I need some info now

Jay Byrd

I was just looking at that and saw the number 347 604 3964.

Fairy

Great to see a new faire! Thanks for the post, will keep an eye out for further info.

BLAKDUKE

Well it looks like, unless a miracle happens I will be unable to attend this years faire.  Somebody hoist a flagon of Ale for me to all of the faire goers.

The BLAKDUKE

BLAKDUKE

Sadly the same will hold true this year.  I will keep trying though