News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Grand Arrival

Started by BubbleWright, August 01, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Tomorrow is the opening day for the PaRenFaire. Huzzah! The weather report calls for 40% chance of showers. It has been known to rain in England, so it's a touch of authenticity. Gonna load my vehicle when I finish this post. Home at last...
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Stuben

Hey Bubble dude I'll probably see you there today  :) I'm getting too old to be working 60 hrs a week :-( I need some extra rest this morning but plan to be there about mid afternoon thru closing.

Stuben

Stuben

I was too tired to make it there last weekend but will be heading that way very shortly with a friend or two  :)

BubbleWright

Since this weekend is Time Travelers Weekend, I was there today with my steampunk bicycle.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Stuben

Cool, sorry I missed meeting up with you while we were there. I didn't arrive until mid afternoon. We caught the chessboard action, walked around doing a bit of shopping, and watched the finale. I really like the new chessboard and stage area and like some of the new characters but the "Long live the King and God save the Queen" stuff got a bit tiresome. I prefer just one head of state lol. Off with her head! Oh, wait, he didn't behead Catherine.

Stuben

neuromancer

I went back to the shire for the first time in over 20 years this past weekend.

Much different with a wife and three kids!

We are going back this weekend without the little ones :)

The Shire has really changed over the last couple of decades. I miss the old ending procession with the bagpipes playing Amazing grace, that you could hear everywhere and new (without needing modern chronometers) that is was time for the final joust! However the ultimate joust was incredible!

Huzzah for the Parenfaire!