News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wine Tasting

Started by Willworkforgems, October 09, 2014, 09:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willworkforgems

Has anyone attended the King's Wine Tasting? Any feedback?

P.S. So excited that in less than 24 hours we will be at TRF!!!
"Love is the solution to every problem"

LadyJessica

I have been doing the wine tasting since 2001...that alone should tell you something.  But if you don't really know about it, it's a fabulous event.  My suggestions are eat beforehand and go easy on the pre-tasting alcohol, I've been there and don't want to do it again. After a lovely champagne toast they begin pouring you three reds, three whites, and a dessert wine. These are not your typical 2 oz. tasting...these are full glasses of wine...be prepared for that.  If there's someone in your group not going to the tasting make sure to have them meet you after the tasting with water.  Also don't plan on driving if you're doing the tasting, camp or have a DD. The tasting itself is a fun interactive event and they really bring out some excellent wines each year.  Also if you haven't bought your tickets for it already I suggest you do so as they normally sell out by now.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Willworkforgems

Thanks for the info! I have purchased our tickets! Now, how do I keep my friends from their regular AM drinking schedule???????

LadyJessica

Just the be moderately sober one??
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

*Teach*

There is no moderately sober one when we go

*drinking rum shots between tasting isn't reccomended, but it's fun!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

LadyJessica

Which is exactly why I said that we camp...it's hard to keep/be the one person sober.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

Willworkforgems

We are camping, however the 4 others will be driving in for the day. I guess they will have to pull straws and the unlucky fellow will be the DD.
& Teach, you are truly a advanced participant if you can manage the rum in between!!! I would not fare well on that program!!  :-X

ravic

Training, lots & lots of training.  :)

Crimson

Then I must be ready for the tasting.  I've been training long enough...
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice