News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Leonardo's (Mount Carmel, PA- East Central PA)

Started by Leonardo, December 18, 2014, 11:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardo

This isn't an actual fair, but the venue is Renaissance themed and will have the same type of acts, singing, comedy, dress and décor and of course food of a Renn Faire.  The main difference is this is a year round event!

So think all the best things you love of a Renn Faire, minus the walking around acres and acres of paths... sometimes muddy paths!  This will basically be a Renn Faire in a building.

... and this is my building

You can't get any closer to the look of a castle unless you go to Europe and buy one!

Leonardo's is located in Central PA (East Central- Mount Carmel to be exact) and is the perfect outing when all the faires are closed and you're craving your old world fix!  There will be impromptu songs and skits, and on Saturdays there will be a Renaissance themed dinner show.   

I am your host, Leonardo himself!  I encourage everyone to come out once we open and anyone dressed in their favorite Renn Faire attire will get a 10% discount!  Oh...  this discount is not just for the opening night... anyone that shows up in costume will always get a discount no matter what day of the year.

Here is the Facebook site= https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leonardos/569735466481009?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Come follow us as Leonardo's comes to life and watch our soon to be posted video blog. 

Hausfrau Monica

Well done Leonardo! It looks like your plans are coming together nicely. Do you have an opening time frame yet? Come and chat when you can.

Leonardo

I'm still on for April, maybe May at the latest.  It all depends on whether zoning gets any more 'interesting'.  By that I mean when I got the building it was listed as commercial and I was told I can run any commercial business I want.  In fact the previous owner was running a banquette hall out of the basement, and get ready for this... semi-professional wrestling in the cathedral!  As in guys in spandex jumping off ladders and hitter each other with chairs!  THAT kind of wrestling.

Well when I put in my paperwork to get approval to open a dinner theater restaurant, I was told that the zoning request WOULD be denied and that I would have to pay $350 and go to a council hearing to have a zoning variance passed so it could be 'rezoned' commercial.  I told the zoning officer it was ALREADY a commercial building, and he said 'Yeah but it's in a residential district'.  I told him that didn't make any sense, it is either commercial or residential and it is already listed as commercial.

Personally I think it was a money grab.  I had my hearing and it was passed 4 to 1.  I still have to wait incase anyone submits a formal appeal.  After that I can get the renovations going.

Anyway... I am still moving forward!  I just interviewed a potential performer.  He just needs to come in for a formal audition now.  :)

Leonardo

Zoning has been approved and we are starting to get performers lined up.

I am still looking for more performers to join us.  I will even entertain temporary positions for acts that work the PA Renn Faire when it is open or other fairs, but don't have a gig for the off season.

Contact me if interested.  I also want some featured acts that can come in for special events but not necessarily want to commit to being on site on a weekly basis.

Jay Byrd

What is the word, and when can we start coming?

Lady Renee Buchanan

Are you still interested in the brass rubbings?  If so, please let me know in a PM.

Good luck with your new venture. ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Johnwolfe

I love to see the progress and that you are going forth with it congrats if I am ever in your Realm ill be sure to have a seat at your table

Johnwolfe

Curious and am inquiring for a follow up how's business coming along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hausfrau Monica

Sadly, Leonardos is not to be.  Leo posted a couple of months back that he has given up the fight for his dream.  There were just too many issues with the building, zoning, town and utilities to surmount even after all of his hard work and money.  I haven't heard from him since.

Johnwolfe

''Tis sad  but seems to be a reoccurrence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk