News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2014 Countdown

Started by Norfolk, March 16, 2014, 03:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Butch on June 13, 2014, 07:36:12 AM
On the LAST day to Larkspur, my true love gave to me:
A dozen bells a-chiming,
Eleven cloned Jack Sparrows,
Ten Mango journals,
Nine cats a-purring,
Eight festive weekends,
Seven stages uphill,
Six Howards duke-ing,
FIVE GATE PASSES!
Four madrigals,
Three pirates,
Two weh_hench_es,
And a goblet filled up with mead!

Have fun in the Lanes tomorrow and throughout the season!

Thank-you for putting up with my silliness in your forum; and a special "thank-you" to Lady deLaney for helping me hammer out some of the verbiage off line.

Lady de Laney is now a Pirate  ;D
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Merlin the Elder

Okay...the countdown is over!  So, how was opening weekend, Your Grace?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 16, 2014, 06:18:16 AM
Okay...the countdown is over!  So, how was opening weekend, Your Grace?

Opening weekend was spectacular!  Sunny skies; temperatures in the high 70's to low 80's; low humidity (duh!); large, enthusiastic, receptive crowds both days.  The Duchess and I had an absolutely wonderful time bidding "welcome home" to our many playtron friends.  We also met a goodly number of first-timers, many of whom had been more or less coerced into coming to the Faire, only to find themselves completely enthralled with it. Their excitement was exhilarating!  We had lots of interactions with thoroughly wide-eyed children, which is always the icing on our cake.

My son, Lord Surrey, gave me a father's day present:  a small stack of gold coins.  Almost immediately thereafter, my beloved granddaughter, Lady Jane Howard, asked me for money, which, of course, I could not refuse.  So I gave her the coins.  She immediately presented them to Lord Surrey, wishing him a very happy father's day!

By the end of our back-to-back 11-hour days my feet were so sore I could hardly walk to our carriage.  Then, I woke up this morning feeling hardly able to bear the wait until next Saturday.   

Thanks for asking.  Would that you and Nim could have joined us.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

We are preparing for a wedding, so things are a bit busy. We hope to make a return trip next season.

Francisco Paula

My Robert Baratheon outfit on sunday seemed to be a big hit that i will be bringing it out a couple more times during faire. The 29th i might have Cerci and her Brother Jaime with me should make for some interesting picture

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Butch

Simply beautiful!  Congratulations Zoe!

The Professor

Zoe! Congratulations! How wonderful!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Merlin the Elder

Zoë, congratulations! You do good work! Beautiful child!

RenStarr

Good to hear that the opening in Larkspur for the CRF was grand one!!  We really enjoyed the visit we made last year on opening Saturday and have talked often about when we will be coming back.  We're talking about another trip next summer and CRF will be on the list of events not to miss. 
And Zoe, congrats on a beautiful child!!  Kinda reminds me of my grandaughter when she was really young.  We got an newborn outfit for her, my daughter decorated a wagon, and using mutiple pillows, we managed to prop her up and pulled her around one day at Scarby.  Great memories!! :) 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Zoë

Thanks all! The Bean (as we call her) has been having a blast at her two trips to faire so far. Although I think my parents are really the ones having the most fun getting to show off their grandbaby. (Her Papi was the one who found her outfit at their trip to Scarby this year, I should point out.)

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

She IS a cutie!  But she sure gave me the cold shoulder.
Just call me "Your Grace"