News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

best festivals for camping?

Started by oktober, February 08, 2015, 04:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktober

I am new to camping and love it, and after seeing this forum, thought camping at a renaissance festival would be awesome.  What are the best festivals for camping?  I googled renaissance festival camping, and almost every thing that came up was about the Texas Renaissance Festival.  Is this primarily where camping is?  Or do people just find a campground close to the festival they're attending and go camp?  Are there particular faires that have a group of campers that camp nearby every year?

Trillium

We at TRF are very outspoken  but i believe several faires have camping.  You will just need to check with those you are interested in attending.  Here in Texas,  TRF and sherwood have on site camping but scarborough does not, but it does have a campground somewhat close by that some camp at.  Faire camping can be a very fun and sometimes eye opening experience!!!   ;)
Got faerie dust?

Hoowil

It really does depend on where you are. I know the standard practice around N California, at least for most of the faires I've been involved with, is that camping is available on site for cast/crew/volunteers/vedors. But, the system for getting involved as such is much different than the long run hard site faires elsewhere. I would say out here, Valhalla is an easy best though, right across the road from Lake Tahoe.. And I do mean the actual lake.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.