News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Too Early for a Countdown?

Started by Tamtaro, March 03, 2015, 10:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Huzzah for visitors from other realms!  I love KC Ren Fest.  It is MAGICAL! 

You've picked good weekends - it's nice to catch cool fall weather.  Even if it is a bit warmer, there are lots of big shady trees and shows to watch while you take a break.  I like when it gets cold enough for cloaks.

9 DAYS TO GO!!

HunterRose13

Alright, who is in for opening weekend!?

My family weathered a near tragedy when I was relieved of my job.  Thankfully I have reacquired gainful employment and we will have a celebratory weekend at KCRF.

kcdcchef

Columbus Day Weekend like normal for me. Anyone wanna meet up?

Tamtaro

Hooray for the new job HunterRose13!  I will be away for the first weekend, but I hope you have a great time!!  It will be warm this weekend, but the lanes are shady and I love taking a break in the Sky Chairs booth to cool down & people-watch.  Bubble & Squeak play Irish tunes at a little stage nearby & have such a great sound!

kcdcchef!!!  Huzzah!  I will be in Canterbury on Saturday or Sunday of Columbus Day weekend.  I've always meant to have a toast of crepes with you!!  Hope you will have a "first crepe of the day" with me!

If anyone hasn't tried a crepe from Claire's, I heartily recommend them!  So much yummy! :D  The booth is next door to the pub closest to the Joust Field.  It's a light crispy crepe filled with combinations of fresh veggies & melty-cheese or ice cream, fruit, and chocolate!  (Other fillings too, those are just my personal favorites!)

Goody

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on August 21, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Need B-B-Q!

Yes BUTCH, please tell us where we went to eat on Sat night of RenDezvous 2013?  Will look for you this wkend at MNRF

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Goody on September 03, 2015, 09:42:23 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on August 21, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Need B-B-Q!

Yes BUTCH, please tell us where we went to eat on Sat night of RenDezvous 2013?  Will look for you this wkend at MNRF

was it Papa's BBQ (we eat there every time and I know quite a few went there)

http://papabobsbbq.com/
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jade

HunterRose13

Quote from: Jade on September 04, 2015, 06:05:18 PM
I'll be there this weekend!
Full weekend?

We'll be there Sunday and Monday...Monday we'll be wearing....::cough...cough....choke:: our mundane stuff for the ride home.

Merlin the Elder

We ran into Tamtaro at Bristol, this weekend! I had no idea she was going to be there, but it was an absolute joy to see her! She may be Tamtaro to you, but to me, she'll always be Smiley! She showed up at the LAST faire we went to... OKRF... I think she is stalking me. She need not stalk! I'll be happy to generously pass out hugs whenever she wants one!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Jade

I was just there for Saturday,  but it was a blast!

RahBur

Had a blast at Faire! The Washing Well Wenches were our favorite, the Pub Crawl was riotously randy, and I learned if you ask James from the Mud Show for a hug, he will totally call your bluff and, in fact, hug and kiss you, leaving you very muddy indeed! Oops! :)
(Last pic - still have dried mud on my corset! Least I got it off of my face?!)

Butch - we won't make it back for closing weekend :( will have to catch some RF folks another time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

Glad you had fun! We can meet another day, I look forward to it very much. Stay safe!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Goodryn Anicet, wildthingjew, Miss KT Scarlett, and I had a wonderful time at the KC Ren Faire this weekend.  Beautiful weather, and the faire is so lovely.  So much to do.  Entertainers were great.  Vendors were half the price of goods at Bristol.

Only thing.......two years later, the map is still horrendous!

P.S.  For any of the RenDezvous attendees, we ate at Papa Bob's.   As good as the last time.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich