News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

garf

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, February 25, 2015, 09:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

anyone ready for the cold to go away and for April to arrive I am excited waiting open weekend
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BLAKDUKE

We will try to attend.  However GCRF @ Pensacola is in less that 2 weeks.  Come on down..... 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Chelsy

This year will be our first at GARF! We live in Charleston, SC so CRF is our home fair, but we used to live in Kentucky and have travelled to TRF yearly since 2003. This year we'll be at TRF on May 9, then GARF on May 10!
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Lady Christina de Pond

I would love to come to gcrf maybe in a year or two. I actually am hoping that I can go to Garf In April and then drag my friend to crf in the fall. and then save my other vacation week for when I find a house
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Butch

Ooooo, shoot!  My plans may allow me to visit on 16 or 17 May!  All the way from Kansas City!

Butch

I've looked through the website, but I have some questions for those who may be familiar with GARF.  Do they have a "Pub Sing" at the end of the day? How about a town dance?  Also, do the villagers perform courtesies when royalty passes?  Finally, how do they feel about tailgaters in the parking lot?  Thank-you very much!  I hope I can make it out!

BLAKDUKE

Pub sing ---- YES.  In fact there is singing in the Pub most all day not just the end of the day

No town dance that I have ever seen.

All manner of royal courtesy is observed

I have never witnessed a formal tail gate get-to-gether.

Butch

OK!  It's pretty definite for Sun the 17th of May!  It'll be my first visit to the lanes of GARF, and I'll have two "Faire Virgins"
with me!  I'll try to get them to garb up!
BLAKDUKE, thank-you for the scoop!
I see your village is called "Newcastle".  Very nice!
I cannot say if we will do a pre-cannon tailgate, as I am visiting friends, and they live 1 1/2 hrs to the South in Thomaston.  Opening cannon goes at 10:30?  Is there usually an opening show before cannon?

BLAKDUKE

I would not call it a show per se, but there is a gathering at the gate wherein the King and Queen make an appearance along with other cast members and converse with the patrons.

Lady Christina de Pond

yes not sure I would call it pre show but maybe pre festivities and yes gates open at 10:30
I'm hoping that we get there around 10ish so I have time to get both of us dressed this year
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Butch

Still planning on being there Sunday the 17th! I'll most likely be wearing my 15th century mariner garb: dark blue wool doublet, white slops, stockings, black leather shoes, and a blue thrum cap (with my R/F pin on the cap). I sincerely look forward to visiting your shire.

Chelsy

And I'll be there tomorrow! We were at TNRF today, and will be visiting GARF for the first time on Sunday. We're a young adult couple (my husband may be wearing a one-shoulder cape or a kilt, depending how hot he gets) and then my grandmother in 'danes. :)
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Jay Byrd

Is there camping?  If so does anyone know how to get in touch with the camp to make reservations?

Thx,

JayByrd

BLAKDUKE

Unless they just put one in,there is no camping at GARF.  However one exit south of the exit for GARF there is a commercial campground.  My wife and I have stayed there a few time.  It is great, unless you are looking for tent camping.  I don't think they have that but you might want to call to be sure.

Butch

Is there a  "Friends of Faire" or something like it at GARF? If so, do they allow daily memberships?