Midwest > Bristol Renaissance Faire

Nearby after faire campgrounds??

<< < (2/2)

Lady Renee Buchanan:
Hector, you got baptism by fire today!  Bristol reached capacity of 24,000 by 1:30 this afternoon.  Both the paid parking and the free parking (a very long hike) were completely full, and they closed the gates at 1:30 for a little over an hour.  The cars were backed up on the Interstate trying to get to the exit, which was a safety hazard, so they closed the gates for a while to disperse the traffic.

For the first time ever, we had to park even with the kiosk where you pay to park at the very entrance.  We got a late start today and got there at 1130.  We were at the Friends of Faire Garden for the feast, so the lines for food were really long, as well as the privies.  I hope you enjoyed yourself today.

P.S.  Merlin, heard it might be the same way next weekend, closing weekend, so be sure to get there early.  Faire opens at 10, and they open the gates around 8, I think.  You don't have to go that early, but I'd be there by 9:30 to get a decent parking space and see the opening gate show.

Gauwyn of Bracknell:
the paid parking gate opens at 9, at least all the times we have gone.  We usually get in line outside the gate around 8:30 or so - people meander around.  I have never been when the crowd has been that big.

RefMom3:
I had gone on Saturday, and the threat of rain may have caused some to wait until Sunday. I think once last year, they had to close the gates, too. For closing weekend, I have a hotel room in Waukegan, on the Illinois side of the border. It promises to be a phenomenal weekend ;)

Merlin the Elder:
Can I safely assume there is handicap parking available?

Sir Ironhead:
You mean at the faire I assume?  Yes there is right up by the entrance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version