News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Renaissance Faire 2008!

Started by Lady Rosalind, July 31, 2008, 08:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rosalind

From the DMRF Website]:

Quote2008 Dates & Hours

10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Aug 30/31st & Sep 1st - "Pirates, Heroes & Daring Duels"
Sept. 6/7th - "Highlanders, Celts & Lucky Lasses"
Sept. 13/14th - "Romance, Wine & Royal Revelry"

Tickets - Hy-Vee generally has discount tickets/coupons. There is a Hy-Vee just a few blocks away from the faire site.

Secured and Patrolled Parking: $1 per vehicle
Adult Single Day: $15.10+tax
Child Single Day: $8+tax (ages 5-12, tots free)
Adult Two Day Pass: $25+tax
Adult Season Passes (all 7 days): $55+tax
Group discount tickets can be had by calling (515) 262-4100.

"Festival Park," a new 18-acre outdoor event center (and permanent home of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire). Located at Sleepy Hollow Sports Park, just south of the state fairgrounds at 4051 Dean Ave.

Feel free to e-mail us with any questions, or call Sleepy Hollow Sports Park at (515) 262-4100.

We've been working really hard to make this year's event great! I hope you'll join us! :)

Celtic Lady

Sir Morgan and I will be there either the first weekend or the last. We'll be at MiRF for the second weekend of DMRF. Looking forward to both of them  ;D.

Bev the Bossy

Be sure to check out
The Potter's House for "remembrance" items. Mugs, tankards, goblets with the Faire Logo on them.

;D(just call this a shameless plug!) ;D

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Nitestar

We plan to be there on Saturdays at this point, if all things go well all three weekends.  Can't wait to see everyone again! 
We were very saddened to hear about Snot.  We lost a good performer.

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

Celtic Lady

Who else is going?  Sir Morgan and I will be there Saturday after i get off of work. Thankfully I only work until 12:15.

Nitestar

Well, can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!!  Huzzah!!
Lord and Lady Nitestar

Lady Rosalind

Please be sure to stop by and see us! You may have to identify yourselves, as I am terrible at names and faces, and there are many to be learned this year. I know there were RF-ies out there today that I probably didn't recognize, mainly due to the heat, and dust (and contacts!). A huge "Good morrow!" to those I may have missed!

Definitely be sure to attend the Queen's Wedding, and the Royal Fashion Show (and any of our other shows - the court has SIX this year...)

Day One went well, but it is HOT this year! Hot and Dusty! A huge Thank you to the Brotherhood of Steel for manning the First Aid booth, and allowing this wilting Lady to have nice goblets full of ICE periodically! And today was supposed to be the coolest day this weekend...  :D

Lord Clisto of York

This event has been postponed for this weekend Sept 13/14 per Lynn due to heavy rains expected from 3 to 5 inches. It is being reopened the following weekend Sept 20/21 instead. Please make a note of it. I am going to try and make it next weekend.

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Rosalind

Official Notice and Information from atthefaire.com:

Quote9:09 AM - Des Moines Ren Faire postponed due to weather??? (posted by JohnPaul )
This morning, I received a flash flood notice for Polk County (Des Moines) from a local TV station's weather department. Maybe there is more rain expected this weekend than I thought!

Apparently Sleepy Hollow Sport Park, where the Des Moines Renaissance Festival is, takes weather issues a bit more seriously than most events. I guess it's because their business is so much based on having decent weather. This notice went out today, concerning this weekend of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire:

8:05 AM - FESTIVAL POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER (to Sep 20-21)

Due to the forecasts for this weekend, the decision has been made to reschedule the Des Moines Renaissance Faire for next weekend, September 20th and 21st. All tickets purchased for this weekend will be honored. For more information, please call 515.262.4100.

I, for one, am glad to not have to slog through the rain in court garb tomorrow...

Lord Clisto of York

I agree as well as I am driving from Milwaukee. That would suck..

Celtic Lady

Wow. I'm glad that you posted this info as I had been in Michigan all week and just got back to Des Moines this evening.

Lord Clisto of York

No problem... Lynn wrote me and I called her and we talked about it. I was going to try and change my work weekend which I did. So, I will now be there next weekend. HUZZZAHHH!!

Celtic Lady

Huzzah is right.
So sad that it won't be this weekend as it won't be too warm and I'm not sure about next weekend's temps. O well... better safe than sorry and muddy.

Lord Clisto of York

Well, the weather and temps are changing for sure. I am just glad to go.

Lady Rosalind

Forecast for the weekend: Upper 70's and SUN!!!!!!  ;D