NorthEast > New York Renaissance Faire

opening weekend was a blast!

(1/3) > >>

laedyfaire:
How great it was to be back in the shire. RAIN and all. I personally love te rain and the rain on Sat was fun. It stopped after a bit and it kept the crowds low. Sunday's weather was perfect. Crowds were larger, which is good, I know, but not shoulder to shoulder.

It was wonderful to see old faces again also.

I did not see anyone from the board here. I was keeping my eye out here and there, but I do get caught up in the moment and kind of zone out everything but faire :)

Will be there again this coming Sunday. Anyone else?

Brother Robert of Essex:

I had a lot of fun on the opening weekend, I have to say. I was totally soaked down to my skin just from the walk from the car to the gate.   But as you said, after a few hours the sky got clear. By afternoon the sun was out. And the rain and mud drove off many people so it was great to be able to get on a line and get service right away!

Is Sunday a better day to go than Saturday?

laedyfaire:
it used to be that sat. was a less crowded day, but i am not so sure anymore. sunday afternoons get pretty crazy crowded.

glad you had a good time...will you be going again?

Brother Robert of Essex:

--- Quote from: laedyfaire on August 06, 2008, 01:38:31 PM ---it used to be that sat. was a less crowded day, but i am not so sure anymore. sunday afternoons get pretty crazy crowded.

glad you had a good time...will you be going again?

--- End quote ---

Yes I'm going to go Saturday morning, now that I understand there is this entire R/F following, things will make more sense to me than last time lol!   

I'm still debating if I should be brave enough to put on some garb, because while I might be able to LOOK the part I doubt I'll be able to sound the part lol!  I'm thinking something simple - maybe a Monk - will work for me the first time around. I have also seen people create these elaborate "biographies" for their characters too. It's starting to sound to me like one of those LARP's.

I also discovered there is a "pin" that people wear, I have to look into that. As I said I'm totally new at it all.

I do want to look up this "friends of faire" group, so thats one of my agendas.

Maybe I'll go Sunday too..lol

theChuck:
sniff, i can't go this weekend; too much to do down here. i was thinking of going again, maybe sometime in september. laedy, do you go every weekend?

ps - the blue boar ran out of mead on sunday afternoon. i asked the bar chick about it, and she said that they get a shipment of mead every wednesday, so they're more likely to run out on sunday. if you want mead, then, it's probably best to go on saturday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version