NorthEast > New York Renaissance Faire

opening weekend was a blast!

<< < (3/3)

Brother Robert of Essex:

--- Quote from: laedyfaire on August 07, 2008, 01:10:56 PM ---yes, it can get confusing in the beginning. it should not take too long before you are fully aware of where you are going. my husband still gets confused sometimes..after 11 years!

if you want to see a specific show, i suggest getting there 10 minutes early. especially the final joust..you should actually get there 1/2 hour early, esp. if the crowds are large. a lot of folk head that way at the end of the day and then head home.

we get there pretty early for the preferred parking and then we tailgate, b/c we just cannot afford to eat and drink there all day.

what time did you happen to get there? did you go alone?

--- End quote ---

Excellent advice I didn't realize that I should be extra early and by the time I got to the joust, I was sort of way off on one side on an angle and had the sun in my eyes so I didnt see much of it.

Tailgating is another idea! Will have to give that a try next time around lol.  Somehow I went through $100 just in drinks and food and for the life of me I can't figure out what the heck I bought - though the drinks were $5 I think, and I did tip a lot so maybe thats about right afterall.

I got there at quarter to 10 in the morning and left at the end of the pub sing, maybe 10 to 7.  I brought a friend of mine from Long Island who had also never been to a Ren Faire - since going alone is a bit of a drag. Walking around alone and eating alone is rather boring especially when others come with family etc.

I'm not sure my friend will be going every weekend, she is entertained by it but not as deeply intrigued as I got lol

If the weather is nice I'm guessing it will be way more crowded than that rainy Saturday was. I was spoiled by being the only one on the beer line at times!

laedyfaire:
well it is more fun when you have the company of people who enjoy the faire. we have many times been encumbered with non rennie types and it is a drag. so it can go either way.

hopefully you will find a person who is really "into" it :)

the drinks went up a buck...6.00 for beer. crazy..plus tips.

i recommend blackshear the magician, dextre tripp, and daniel greenwolf  ( very funny guy..his first year here ) and the music. all of it is good.

any more questions? :)

theChuck:

--- Quote from: laedyfaire on August 07, 2008, 03:58:29 PM ---i recommend blackshear the magician, dextre tripp, and daniel greenwolf  ( very funny guy..his first year here ) and the music. all of it is good.

--- End quote ---

we saw greenwolf this weekend, and he was great. dexter tripp is supremely talented, but a little too chatty sometimes. then again, ive never seen anyone juggle a chainsaw. :/

laedyfaire:
juggling chainsaws..i never get tired of seeing that one ! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version