News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2016 opening is looming

Started by RefMom3, April 09, 2016, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefMom3

Pork loin sandwich for breakfast AND lunch ;)
I love faire food; it's all good. In terms of acts to see, I love the Musical Blades, and enjoy The Escapologist's act (he's a friend, though, for full disclosure), The Jester Rejects are fun, Karma the dog act is amazing, and Wolgemut is also a fun act. You might want to check out their program, which is online http://www.okcastle.com/renaissance/. Scroll to the bottom and you have a .pdf of the layout, personages, and schedule of performers.

We had a wonderful opening weekend, and I would go back for another weekend, if I can figure out how to fit the 10-hour drive into my weekend schedule again ;)

Tamtaro

We had a great time at OKRF opening weekend!  Favorite food for me was the Spinach & Feta Crepe (this girl talks about crepes a lot!)  I had FOUR over the course of the weekend.  My sister wanted me to try strawberry (free bites), but I never made it past the savory!

Craigmeister - I just laughed out loud at your Robin Hood for Oklahoma idea! (People are used to random happiness from my cubicle.)

Merlin - I was happy to see you too!  Thank you for the great weather!! ;D

Tamtaro

Quote from: Melkar on May 06, 2016, 07:08:10 PM
I'll be there the weekend of May 21/22 - first timer!   Any tips for a newb?
From one recently un-newbified (visited for the second time this year), I would point out the Woodland Realm (shade & peace), The Cave (musical groups Wolgemut and Wine&Alchemy were boisterously mesmerizing - we bought CDs for the long car ride home!) & the Castle Keep (Activities & shows in the A/C) are nice escapes for a warm weekend, in case it goes toasty for your visit.

Tamtaro

Quote from: RefMom3 on May 09, 2016, 11:32:43 AM
We had a wonderful opening weekend, and I would go back for another weekend, if I can figure out how to fit the 10-hour drive into my weekend schedule again ;)
Right?!  Would someone invent portals already? ;D

RefMom3

Portals, portkeys, energize...I'm really not that picky. And I promise I would only use it when I really, really have a hard time with the driving time. Promise. Cross my heart.

Merlin the Elder

If I had a portal to use (as opposed to a port-a-potty), I'd be at faires every weekend, so I could see my lovely librarian RefMom3, and my smiling Tamtaro more often!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

Tamtaro does have a most lovely smile ;)
I don't think I'd even mind a port-a-potty portal. It becomes the ultimate in "when you gotta go."

Merlin the Elder

I don't think I want to materialize somewhere in mid-squat...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

Grammercy, Tamtaro.  My co-workers often wonder what I'm laughing at as well.  My mind goes on many rabbit trails and often finds something funny.  I don't care if they think I'm weird.  As long as I'm having fun without hurting anyone, it shouldn't matter.

The weather looks just about right this weekend for me to be able to wear my cloak at the Castle.  That's amazing for the month of May!  A little rain won't bother me as long as I can get fully garbed.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Melkar

Thanks for the tips!  Looks like I'm set for food!  :)   I know of Wolgemut - first heard them at Maryland RF, now a subset of the group is performing (at least for the last 2 years) at Sherwood Forest Faire.   Will note down the suggestions.  That way I can prioritize. :)

Yes - it's a long haul for me as well.  I'm budgetting around 8 hours one way to get there.  Excited!
BCNU,
  Melkar

Craigmeister

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.