News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hey! I published some software

Started by FredrikC, February 22, 2017, 08:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredrikC

How much do you know about the history of western music? Are you studying for The Royal Conservatory of Music's Theory: History 9 assessment?

Do you own an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Fire TV, or a third party Alexa device?

If so, you should turn on the FREE Music History Quiz skill, which can be found at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WGXZKW1/

This quiz tests your knowledge of western music history, and also provides a review for the History 9 assessment of The Royal Conservatory of Music. The History 9 assessment covers the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern eras. Questions are asked about music terminology, the lives of certain composers, and information about a specific piece by each composer.

The following composers and pieces are (or will be) included as part of the quiz:
•Vivaldi: The Four Seasons, op. 8: Spring
•Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1: Prelude and Fugue in B flat major BWV 866
•Handel: Messiah, HWV 56: Part 1: Overture, There were shepherds, Glory to God, Rejoice Greatly & Part 2: Hallelujah!
•Haydn: String Quartet, op. 76, no. 3 ("Emperor"): Second movement
•Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik, K 525
•Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in C minor, op. 67
•Schubert: Erikonig, op. 1, D 328
•Chopin: Polonaise in A flat major, op. 53
•Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique: fifth movement "Songe d'une nuit du sabbat"
•Bizet: Carmen: Act 1: "Quand je vous amerai?","L'amour est in oiseau rebelle", and Act 2: "Votre toast, je peux vous le render"
•Debussy: Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune
•Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring: Part 1: Adoration of the Earth: Introduction, Dance of the Youths and Maidens, Game of Abduction
•Bernstein: West Side Story: Maria, America
•Louie: Music for Piano: Changes
•Adams: Short Ride in a Fast Machine

The skill does not include any audio excerpts and is not trying to sell you something. Free means free.

The skill is not produced by or authorized by The Royal Conservatory of Music. The skill is not a replacement for studying the text. For more information about the theory and history assessments of The Royal Conservatory of Music, go to www.celebratetheory.com. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The source of the material in this quiz is from The Royal Conservatory's Celebrate Theory: History Level 9.

FredrikC

Yeah, I know.  Baroque is after the Renaissance.

However, when I start studying for the Level 10 history exam, I'll be updating the software to include Middle Ages and Renaissance music (as well as more on the Baroque and Classical eras).