News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sound on Sound Clan Hosts

Started by mpullen, August 17, 2017, 12:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

I'm sorry, but all I have to post is good news. Perhaps next week I'll list my aches and pains.

We have a tentative (99%) go ahead for clan hosts for the Sound on Sound event. As such, I need to start building the clan host list to submit to SoS management in advance of the event (i.e., don't send me your info 2 days before the event Nov 10, as I will probably already be onsite and unable to update the list)

Please cross-post on the clan leader Facebook page and to all the other clan leaders.

Submit your information to my camping@sherwoodforestfaire.com account, as any updates here on Facebook may scroll off before I can read them.

I will need a positive input from all the clans leaders, indicating:

A. Yes you will have two clan members acting as hosts.

B. No, you will not have any clan members acting as hosts, but you will allow other clans to use your two host tickets.

C. No, you will not have any clan members acting as hosts and do not want any other clans using your area, even though SoS will be using your area.

For (A), provide the Names and Drivers license #'s.

For (B), other clans to negotiate to allow them to use their camping permits. Provide name and drivers license #'s, plus their main clan affilition. Note that if the claim owner clans change their minds, the substitute hosts will lose their place on the list.

Please, do not directly contact SoS management, as this will create confusion amd probably not get you the clan host camping pass. Only the master list that I will be building will be submitted for the event.

As far as admission into the event, clan hosts are on their own to work with SoS management. Last year, they were very agreeable to giving GA (General Admission) passes to the clan hosts. All you can do is ask.

Note that SoS holds several events in the Patron's campgrounds - Music, food vendors, alcohol vendors in the Dragons of the Round, stage in Free Spirit, and other entertainment in Mug and Flame.

Sound and Sound is a very organized group. They have the resources and personnel to keep things organized and safe.

The clan hosts are tasked with representing Sherwood Forest and informing all our guests about what we have to offer. You are expected to hand out Faire postcards and telling all how grand the Faire is.