News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Missing acts at Scarborough for the 2018 season

Started by Clarendon, November 07, 2017, 10:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarendon

Anyone hearing there are some major acts that will not be at Scarborough in 2018. I'm not going to say what I have been told but just wondering if anyone else is hearing rumors?
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Merlin the Elder

There's some scuttlebutt going around. Since I know that contracts don't get finalized until January or so, it's hard to say what is true and what isn't. There are a lot of playtrons whining about possible changes, some saying they won't go back. I don't think I'll miss them (the whiners), if they want to be that petty.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Sir Martin

I don't see Cast In Bronze on the 2018 schedule.  Anyone know what happened?  CIB is still listed for Arizona, Colorado, TRF, and Pittsburgh Ren Fests.

I hear they have a new Royal Court, but that was bound to happen sooner or later.  What other acts are not at Scarby this year? 

Donna Lorraine

Cast In Bronze. The bells were on loan and he had  run his course so last year was the final year and the bells went into a museum.

Merlin the Elder

There were two Cast in Bronze touring. The one that we've had at Scarborough the past few years, Cyrus Rua behind the mask, was using a carillon that was on loan. That carillon was recalled by the owner to return to a museum.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...