News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any traffic Fridays?

Started by Penopolis, November 14, 2017, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penopolis

Coming in with a decent sized group to set up camp Friday afternoon. I know traffic gets pretty backed up Saturday and Sunday. Anything like that on Friday? Do the police come out to block the residential roads on Friday, or only on Saturday and Sunday?

As a secondary question, will we have any luck finding space for about 4 cars and 5 tents in the rows closest to the fair gates if we arrive around 3PM?

AngieT

This past weekend, we arrived around 1:30-2:00 pm on Friday.  Traffic was fine.  I went out about 30 minutes after arrival to go to Dollar General, and it was still fine. 

As for spots, it's hard to say.  Last weekend was the busiest weekend I've ever seen, but I don't go as much as others here.  We took a drive around the campground, and there were already a ton of sites set up, more than I remembered seeing at that time.  We camped close to the entrance of the campground (not the festival), as we had kids, so we were as far away from the festival gates as you could get.  We just piled up our crew in the back of one truck and drove to the camp parking that's pretty close to the gates (closer than the campsites). 

Trillium

Based on my experience 2 weeks ago, Friday traffic was fine, we arrive just before noon.  Camping close to the faire entrance was already fairly busy, those parking rows seemed to be occupied by clans for the most part.  Main camping was very full by Friday night/Saturday morning.  As AngieT said, busier than I have ever seen it on one of less popular weekends.  However, I haven't been out in a few years...  Good luck and enjoy!
Got faerie dust?