News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Which one?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, December 06, 2017, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Would love to do a TX faire.  We went to Scarborough for the RenDezvous, a long time ago, and loved it! 

But we heard that Sherwood Forest is great, too, and don't know if we want to try there or go back to Scarby.  Our favorite thing to do at faire is to watch the musical acts.  The more, the better.  Then a little shopping,  but almost entirely for the music  at any faire we visit.

For those in the know, which would you suggest, based on our love of music?  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

I believe that Scarby might have an edge on number of musical acts, but their 2018 schedule isn't out yet. 

Sherwood Forest needs to be experienced at least once. It's a lovely faire, and somewhat different from other faires we've been to. Since their schedules now overlap, you COULD do both in a weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

VIII

Schedule's still not posted, but it will be here:
https://www.srfestival.com/schedule/
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Lady Renee Buchanan

We will pick up our Scamp camper the beginning of April and have decided to drive to Texas and do Sherwood one weekend and Scarborough the next.  Thanks for everyone's imput.  Maybe we'll see you there?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

The Bride and I will definitely be at Scarby opening weekend. Might come back the following weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

KiltedPrivateer

If you haven't visited Sherwood yet then you should plan a trip at least once. The faire is much smaller than Scarby, but it has its own atmosphere and feel. I highly recommend it. Plus, Camping. No camping at Scarby unless you use an outside campground.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

VIII

Scarb has actually cut the number of music performers this season. Go to Sherwood.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy